Iso image

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
iso is when u copy the image of the cd or dvd u have to the pc and store it there so u dont need the cd when ur playing the game i think using softies like clone cd and virtual disk is illegal cuz most guys copy copyprotected games using thesse softies but i dunno lets wait for more suggestions.........

champ_rock

champ_rock
its like a nero image which is created when u select the option COPY THE CD

it has got info about the boot settings, files and much more..... so that linux cd's are downloaded and can be burned easily......

also, iso image can be burned in a cd by using any cd burning software that u have(most of them support it)

OP
B

bholu

Broken In
it means in ISO image we can make duplicate copy of CD, but it is necesary to make first we amke image copy of cd befor brnig a game CD?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you got an iso image you can simply burn it in nero by selecting open image and selecting iso filetype in dropdown box of filetypes.
iso is an image of the CD.
ISO files can also be opened using isobuster and alcohol120 degree.
it isn't necessary to make an iso image for copying any type of cd but it usually helps because iso image preserves the orginal format on the CD. Of course ISO files can be easily modified.

OP
B

bholu

Broken In
i just downloaded, pc game from megaupload. it was in .rar formate after archive it gives me two folder. now my Q is how to install that in my comp, , I think this is related to Iso image.

mehulved

I am assuming there was no piracy in here. And just burn the folder contents as it is on a CD. This isn't really related to iso.

champ_rock

champ_rock
no i think if it gives 2 files then most probably it is an iso file..... with a md5 hash check............

@bholu please check if it is a iso file (*.iso) then u will have to burn it on a cd... using nero's write a image option. the game wont work if u directly make a data cd.......

please tell me the extensions of the files that u get after u extract .rar...............

like .iso, .exe, .zip. doc. ,etc etc

mehulved

champ_rock he's already said that on unarchiving the ra files, he gets two folders not files. Maybe he should give out more clearer description then doubts will go.

OP
B

bholu

Broken In
I downloaded game from megaupload I think it is pirated one, after extracting it gives me two two folder and one 'MSIinfo document' each folder contains two file one is bin file which is 654mb and one is CUE file 1kb.
I tryed to burn the both file but its not installeble.

now guys what to do how to transfer that file?

mehulved

Try to open the bin file with software like isobuster or alcohol 120 degrees or the like and see what happens?

champ_rock

champ_rock
yeah ........ use nero option.. "to burn an image " ,........ and then burn the files......... bin files are very much like iso files only./........

rajat22

In the zone
No complication. Just use Nero........burn image......select your ISO image.
You can use the cd now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom