ISO/Image Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I am a complete n00B in this ISO/image thingy... I have downloaded a ISO file and dont know what to do with it..
Can someone tell me what tools are needed, andwhat to do with it so that, it works(Its a game)...
Thanx.:|:|

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
use virtual cd rom
*www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm

download MagicDisk its a freeware, then mount the iso in its virtual drive , then u will be able to browse/auto play as same as u were running a cd in ur cd player.

slugger

Banned
REY619 said:
Can someone tell me what tools are needed, andwhat to do with it so that, it works(Its a game)...
Thanx.:|:|
if u have WinRAR (which can also b used 4 compressing files, just like winzip, ek teer se do nishana ;)), use it 2 extract d files to a suitable location
once it has been take outta d iso file u can do watever u wan 2 do 2 get d game runnin [paly it directly, run installation]

alternately if u wan 2 burn d game on a CD u can do so directly from d ISO LIKE THIS ;)

[assumin u have NERO]

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Magic disk lets u browse & copy the content to another "real folder", so no need to extract using winzip/winrar as it will take additional time to do so.

Mount magicdisk & its instant play or browse is faster than extraction.

slugger

Banned
ranjan2001 said:
Magic disk lets u browse & copy the content to another "real folder", so no need to extract using winzip/winrar as it will take additional time to do so.
if d ISO is on d HDD and u copy the content to another "real folder" how diff is it from extraction?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
u will ne way end up wit 2 copies

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Slugger the difference is in the time only, from virtual disk it copies in real time to a real folder.

Try a 4gb iso file & see the time difference in extraction v/s copying.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
REY619 said:
Hmm.. By mounting the image and installation started when i mount it.......
Thats the bueaty of it, it auto plays in virtual cd rom & its faster bcoz its playing from hdd not from 52x cdrom

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
ax3 said:
which game was it ?

isnt these softwares come in handy .... no need 2 burn cd\dvd .........

That was Jagged Alliance 2:WildFire 800MB total size... And yeah i didnt burnt it to CD/DVD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom