Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
I downloaded a file which was split in the format:

Image.org.iso.001
Image.org.iso.002
|
[To the end]
Image.org.iso.041

There were total 41 parts and hjsplit was used to split the file and hence hjsplit was used to join them.
---------------------------------------------------
*www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32
*www.treepad.net/download/hjsplit.zip
---------------------------------------------------

After making the image.org.iso file, I renamed the file to image.iso and tried to load it to my Virtual Drive created using PowerISO 3.5. There was an error message which is attached with this post as an image file [poweriso_image_error.gif]

Tried loading it onto NeroImage drive. Loading was successfull but then nothing was shown. When trying to open/explore the drive an error message was given, attached [Nero_mount_image_open_errormsg.gif] I am using Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

Loading onto ISO Buster also gave an error message, attached [IsoBuster_msg.gif]. Using IsoBuster Pro ver 2.0. Trying to recover the missing files resulted in failure.

Using UltraISO I could not open the files , showed error, attached [UltraISO_error.gif] using UltraIso 8.6.1.1985

I have attached the image of interface for hjsplit 2.3 (which is the latest release)..[hjsplit_2.3.jpg]

1. What is the problem with this ISO file?
2. What can I do to recover the data?
3. Did I do something wrong in joining the split files?

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 - Core2Duo E6600/IntelDP965LT/2GB 667DDR2/Maxtor160GB HDD/nVidia7600GT256MB/Panasonic DVD-RAM

Any help, asap would be appreciated!

Last edited:
OP

Journeyman
Alcohol 120% 1.9.5 (build 4327)
------------------------------

Using Alcohol 120% failed. The same error message as NeroImage drive was displayed,...
And PowerISO is a Daemon tool , Is it not? Appreciate all the help, lets hope this gets resolved in a good way. I really would hate to see the 4GB go to waste.

Last edited:

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Which partition r u using where the file is stored.
If its Fat32 then u cannt open More than 4GB of file.
I think so.
U can give it a try on NTFS .

OP

Journeyman
The file is on the C: \ partition. Anyway, I have discarded the file and searched for alternate means. Hence disucssing for a solution does not mean a thing...

royal

Padawan
are you sure it was split with Hjsplit ?
I am asking this because I faced this problem once and later found out that the file was split with WinRar ... ;)

OP

Journeyman
Yes I am pretty sure it is Hjsplit. I was able to join the files, to make the ISO image file,.. Only thing is the image was not working. And I did use winrar , which failed to join it (or even recognize the file format). And the files were named:
  1. image.iso.001 , image.iso.002 , ---- image.iso.041
  2. The guy who'd posted these files mentioned that he used hjsplit and had a link for its download too.
I suspect, that the image was not verified before it was posted. A corrupt image. Anyway, I have found an alternative file for it. Thanks for all the help, which I have recieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom