IS WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER EDITION IS SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

saifoddin

Broken In
AN HP COMPUTER P42.9GHZ. but system runs like an old pentium computer he has media center addition. has 256 ram & 80 gb harddisk help me should i format the media center but hp gives media center
addition with pc i have to instal pireted that the problem

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
plz be clear, follow the format
1>hardware config
2>softwares installed
3>problem faced
4>time period
5>what have u tried to solve it?
6>is the system under warranty and till what date?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I guess he is very clear.. he has an HP p4 2.93 ghz PC with windows xp media center edition. He has 256 MB Ram.

Yes, THE MCE(media center edition) is a big of resouce hog. I guess upgrading RAM to 512 mb or switching over to Windows XP Professional/Home will solve the problem ;)

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
That's right Media Center is very resource hungry and it better if u have 512MB RAM or more......Else go for XP SP2....

G

gxsaurav

hmm, only the MCE aplication is resource hog, or if U R constantly recording in the background

a CPU with HT always helps in this case, check if it is recording in the background without U noticing

G

gxsaurav

hmm,

when u open your system, press ctrl+alt+del & check which service or application is eating all the CPU times, just sort by CPU, it could be some real time anti spyware engine or adware

also run a full system scan for adware & virus

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have Windows XP Home and MCE dual booted...
But I always feel that MCE is faster of the lot....
But I disabled all the unnecessary services...

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Only the media center module places a load on your system when it is being used.In all other uses it's just plain ol' windows xp professional +sp2.

OP
S

saifoddin

Broken In
i have one more problem my function keys they are working as send mail open IE like that they are working like multimedia key not working as function keys any way now my Media center is working fine any body have pireted media center if yes it is not installing on my friend's PC
do u have any solution to this plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom