Is Vista worth using

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
My system config is
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+, GIGABYTE K8N51GMF-9 motherboard with 512 MB ram. I have an onboard NVidia 6100 GPU with 128 MB of memory.
My system has passed the minimum config for Windows Vista Home Premium but i want to know if it will run well on my system. I would like to use it only for basic browsing and music. but i want things to happen fast.
I used Vista Upgrade Advisor and it told me that Vista Business would be best suited for me though i think that the system requirements are same for home premium.
Should i install or not?
PLEASE HELP

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You can comfortably run Vista with that configuration. Go for it. Although not lightening speed as the case would be with XP, but is enough for browsing, movies, etc,....

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah you can install it and surely it will run Ok.. but if you can upgrade t 1GB ram then the case would be real nice.. but your config is well for running vista..

rajasekharan

Youngling
why do you want to up the ram for running music and browsing ?? if thats all you use a comp for then stick with xp :). think for a while mate :).
besides get a decent antivirus and couple with a good firewall your xp is safe and low on resource than vista . but if you feel the need of eye candy . then certainly you can go to vista :). but then you need to shell out extra for ram . thats all :)

Last edited:
OP
sandeep_arsenal

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
Thanks to all u guys.
I think i will upgrade in another 2 - 3 months cuz i hav to wait to buy ram .
I was also wonderin if there is any mid range dx 10 graphics card.
my budget is 10000-12000
will my corsair 512 mb drive work for ready boost??
Last time i tried it on my friends comp runnin vista beta 2 it said tht da drive was not fast enuf. but then i heard tht it was a bug and hence some drives gave this error.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
@siddharth. yes it will run but will be very slow. Atleast use a USB thumb drive to improve performance a little bit (only if you have one).

Last edited:
ambandla said:
@siddharth. yes it will run but will be very slow. Atleast use a USB thumb drive to improve performance a little bit (only if you have one).

Thanks rep for u

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
thanks siddharth. I have started two threads: softwares that work and softwares that dont work in vista.

Please update those so that it's easy for everyone. I got few lists from the web that contain such lists but aren't that good.

eg: it's menioned that the latest version of kaspersky is compabile with vista. NO. I tried that, vista crashed with blue screen (tried twice with same result). Now. kaspersky is half installed. it's not uninstalling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom