Is This Possible?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by rakeshishere, Aug 17, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rakeshishere

rakeshishere HELP AND SUPPORT

Some serious help needed:For High IQ people

I have a some serious questions to ask guys...Plz Post in ur replies
    1]Everyone must have heard MAC for intel ! Is it really true or some kind of tech rumours.
    2]Suppose if this news is true..Can i have a dual OS which consists of winxp and MAC in a single HDD and will it be possible to have options to boot into any OS of my choice either MAC/Xp
    2]The reason for asking this question was all most every1 would have herad abt "FINAL CUT PRO"which is a s/w released by Apple .Seeing its description and features i was very much impressed and first thought 2 things in mind
    ----->IF mac runs on intel hardware like the news i have heard then why not try it and use " FINAL CUT PRO "
    ----->Is the s/w "FINAL CUT PRO" available for a windows version or is there any other s/w which is equally gud to s/w i have said

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  2. the.kaushik

the.kaushik œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

ya i too hav nearly the same question.. reading similar news i downloaded (pirated.. sorry for telling but i was unable to stop me from trying) mac os X and started installing.. the installation guide said that its supports intel processor.. then i started installing and all was goin fine.. the installation graphics was superb and i fell in lov with MAC at that moment..

after nearly 10 min the installation completed and i was happy.. it told me to reboot..
    i restarted my pc and the black screen and nothing after that.. it hanged.. tried installing again and same.. tried some options but was of no use..all my LOVE turned to hate..

after i got hopeless i went to install XP again... but this time when i inserted my original xp cd in my drive and tried to boot.. it went till searching h/w and stopped and hanged..

tried again and error popped up "unknown error"..

i thought my H/D gone.. i tried with 98 with FDISK command and it was showing me no H/D..

i started swetting then as my H/D was out of warrenty..
    suddenly a idea came.. i some where read that MAC and LINUX are similar type of system so i want to try my luck with my fedora core 4..

again as usual started and now error came and i partitioned the hD as only single partitation was showing and then proceeded to format and install when a error popped "unknown file format.. installation cannot proceed"
    tried 2 times and same.
    so i was thinking now what to do.. and thought to try XP once more and then throw the H/D. this time i don know how but my luck worked and xp cd properly booted and was showing my partation.. although all the partitions got deleted and only one partitation named "-" was showing.. all my data got lossed still my H/D servived and still working as a good friend..

so friends any one having any idea.. this time i wont try until i get conf. fro u all :p

3. OP
    OP
    rakeshishere

rakeshishere HELP AND SUPPORT

My friend wanted me to buy the pirated mac for intel cd frm him but i thought it was nonsense to try and take a risk for my comp & my frnd said that his frnd had installed it and workd fine for him.So here is one person frm this forum whoz tried some grt risk here..Hatz off:grin:

Hey some1 reply to this thread man...I am wating for everyone's reply and this post will be helpful not only to me but also every1

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.