Is this only that matters for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
Tell me frankly, is it only the salary which you get, that matters for job satisfaction ?

Can a person lead a happy life if he is paid a low salary, even if he thinks he is worth much more.....
i know...that depends completely on that person.... but, is only "salary", "everything" in a world like this?
if no, then why this craze behind money?

gofeddy

Broken In
rite now when ur freshers.........its training n work experience tat matters. maybe 4-5years down the line u need money to enjoy grt lifestyle.

but the bottom line is...........work on what ur passionate about. u will be so excited about work tat u will take every opppurtuity that u get n do the best at it. u will also feel like doing better at it. n automaticaly money will be thar in your pockets:)

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
You know what they say... "if you love what you do, than it's not your 9-5 routine anymore... it becomes a hobby that earns you some money"

I firmly vouch for that... I work in a radio station and even though money is not over the top great... i love it!!!

azzu

AJJU
ill love if some 1 give me money for designing cars frm 9-5 on comp usin ur TAblet
Thats what my frnds (i may call them bros) do

Pathik

Google Bot
Enjoy wat u r doing and get paid enuf to support ur family...
and also enuf for pc/lappy and a stable internet connection and a bike...
thats all i need..
btw y are u askin such questions??? got a job kya??

xbonez

NP : Crysis
gimme a job as a game tester at VAlve, EA, Ubisoft, Atari or some such company and i'll work for peanuts :))

OP
abhi_10_20

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
hmm...thanks for replying....
one thing which is pestering me is that, all this IT and BPO....are going to drive us to no-where...
work like a tamed one under somebody for the whole week....just getting down working like robots...where the hell "your own" thoughts are gonna rise up from....

Pathik

Google Bot
Cant say abt IT but most bpo jobs r bullcrap.. They suck the life out of u.. And give zero job satisfaction

xbonez

NP : Crysis
damn it dude! don't get so philosophical. just work and enjoy the money. when u feel u've had enough, move

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
and then to another.Its like an evil loop.Instead go for what you like to do or maybe plan such that you get what you want in shortest possible time.

desai_amogh

In the zone
pathiks said:
Cant say abt IT but most bpo jobs r bullcrap.. They suck the life out of u.. And give zero job satisfaction
absolutely right .. im doing it since 2 yrs now.. & exhausted..
its digusting to work in nights.. but u get a good experience of working under pressure... but thts crap again.. :)
and now finally managed to get into HR recruitment for a IT firm . & its gonna be normal job i b'live.. joing them in goa next month !!

working in BPo.. u cant do the same old job for more than a Year.. it starts getting on ur nerves.. u need a change every year..

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Here is what I am thinking about my future:
complete my engineering
get a decent job in an IT company
work there for 2-3 years to save some cash and have some experience
then leave the job and invest all the time in share market.
get retired as early as possible and do whatever I damn well please.

Sounds more like a fairy tale.lols

hey guys should I start thread about sharing our future plans and what you wanna do?

desai_amogh

In the zone
yes absolutely .. sounds gr8 !! ppl like me with saturated brains working in BPO can get some idea to set their futre plans !!

shashank4u

Youngling
xbonez said:
gimme a job as a game tester at VAlve, EA, Ubisoft, Atari or some such company and i'll work for peanuts :))

Its not easy as it sounds..when you have to play games and only games nothing else, whats more bad is you have to finish the testing of games in a given deadline..and you will soon get bored of such a job..and its not that easy to get a job there you need to have a gamer portfolio :D

One thing people can do is :
Start blogging and be your own boss :D,its better than freelance working.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well, i say u need to strike a fine balance between the two. it mostly happens so that the job which gives you full satisfaction is low on pay and the job which gives u a higher pay is low on satisfaction. u need to compromise on both.

at least for me. i need both satisfaction and money (face it, u need money in today's world. thats the truth. if not for you, today mebbe for ur wife and children tom!!!). i'd seek a job which may haf both the elements. it may not give me full satisfaction and a really high salary... but if it blends both in compromisable quantities, i'll surely take up the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom