Is this legal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademast3r

In the zone
Hey ppl...
Lets say i hav all DVD's(original) of sm tv series(say friends) now would it be legal to cut out the best parts frm episodes (not more than 3 mins) nd upload it onto youtube for ppl to watch?? i mean its not the whole episode...nd not in hq...so is this legal??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I think you need to have permission for that from the company.Read terms and conditions on the DVD case.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Illegal.
Reason: You are republishing the original word without permission from the owner.

Ofcourse, Copyright Laws do allow some exceptions but what you want to do with those clips will not allow you to claim those exceptions.

jal_desai

In the zone
i dont think there wud be any problem... coz i have seen many programs aired on tv being uploaded on youtube... do u think those ppl have taken exclusive rights from the producers.... ( well i dont think so ). Look on the brighter side... u r advertising their programmes... he he

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
i dont think there wud be any problem... coz i have seen many programs aired on tv being uploaded on youtube... do u think those ppl have taken exclusive rights from the producers.... ( well i dont think so ). Look on the brighter side... u r advertising their programmes... he he
Those people are doing it illegally. And that 'you are doing free publicity/advertising for them' is no excuse to offend.

N

Net007

Similar questions...

1. I want to edit some original movie discs (only for my personal viewing). Is it legal?

2. I want to rip some original audio discs to my hard disc. Is it legal?

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
well technically speaking i guess they would be illegal....cos the eula allows u to use the product but not modify it rite...

axxo

99.9% Idle

am not the one doing this fella *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/19.gif

napster007

Padawan
dude take my advise: the thing is illegal but no one give a **** these days so do what ever you want to.

u cant call it a crime anyways.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/34a.gif
oh i got an idea why not pm the orig. aXXo on dark side rg forum

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Who cares, just search any thing for e.g. "friends" and you will see some hundreds of videos.
As long as the content is not controversial, you can relax.
They ain't gonna catch you, worst only your user id might get banned, but thats a rare case. :rolleyes:
So just relax and upload the damn videos and let us see. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom