Microsoft Windows XP Home
15.4" Widescreen with Truelife 1280*800
1024(2*512) DDR2 SDRAM
80GB SATA HDD
8X DVD+/-RW Combo Drive Dual Layer
256MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1400 Hypermemory
Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module
INR 62,939/-

I need the laptop for everyday heavy use with light-to-moderate gaming(OK with games running at medium settings) and also for running applications like 3ds Max and Maya
Is this laptop good enough, or can I get a better deal?
Can anyone pls suggest some other configurations in the same price range?
Thank You

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
You might want to consider getting a faster processor or adding more RAM since you will be using 3DS and Maya. Other than that, this looks like a good config. Maybe you could get a 7200rpm HDD if you don't already have it selected.

OP
A

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply
Abt the ram, i think i'll get a single 1GB stick, and then use the 512 MB stick frm my old laptop
Also, can anyone pls tell me how the Core Duo 1.66GHz performs with respect to the P4 M processors
My old laptop had a P4 2.8 Ghz, will this processor perform better?

Also, wht is the exact process of ordering frm Dell?
I've given a request for a quotation, havent got it yet.
Can I order online frm the India site, or do I have to call?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Make sure that your new laptop will support the RAM from your old one - if the old one has a lower frequency, then system performance will be slightly compromised. The Core Duo is much more efficient when it comes to battery life and it also runs fast. I don't know exactly how it will compare to the P4 2.8GHz but I guess it should be just as good if not better. Maybe a higher clock rate will perform better.

I think you can configure your system online - not sure if you can buy it online though. It would be a good idea to configure your system online so that you get a rough idea of the final cost and then call them up.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
get a faster processor to do maya.else its fine

man in laptop u must spend at least 70k to get working with maya & in pc u do it for 50k with huge speed.why not save gard earned money.

magnet

Youngling
dude i suggest get lappy frm us...in 70k u ll get a system.....worth 1.2,lakh of indian price.......

i have no idea abt lappy markets...but 1.6ghz and that too for maya stuff looks low....get a better processer...also your budget can get u 100gb disc too.....other stuffs look...good.......also if u can get freedos or linus os one get that and if u have the original microsoft os cd...then u can install that and save ard 3-5k

Sourabh

Laptoping
A 2 month old post has been bumped. Locking this thread. If you need to reopen this thread, please take the pains to PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom