is this LAN card prob???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
i hv intel 845 mobo & 128 kbps connection from past 1 month ther is problem in my connectivity so i called my ISP he said ther is no prob from his side so today i connected my cable to my friends pc and ther was no problem at all.....

but when i connected to my pc ther was prob ....( just to chk i formatted pc and reinstalled every thing)

so i called engg he said just chk but nothing happens then install new LAN card ????????????

wat to do???

fatguysmart

The Blessed one
I also had same kind of problem!

After you ENABLE you LAN card,look at the back panel of your CPU where the LAN cable is plugged in.It must show a fluoroscent green light(or some other color).If you can see that light then do the below steps:

Open RUN dialog and type cmd,hit enter
In Command prompt type ipconfig,press enter.If firewall alerts u that ipconfiguration utilitity wants access,ALLOW acess
Some configuration willl be displayed as shown in screenshot below
screenshot: *i6.tinypic.com/241rv53.jpg

The value i have highlifghted in green box is your gateway.
Lets say that your gateway is 192.168.21.3

then type ping 192.168.21.3 -t and hit enter.
If you get continuously something like
Reply from 192.168.21.3 bytes=32 time=x ms TTL=225
it meams ur LAN is working properly.

If you get Request timed out,then check beck panel to see if there is an FLICKERING ORANGE light.
IF orange flickering light present=LAN card is proper.
If NO orange light=LAN problem

So problem is with either LAN card or LAN cable.
You mentioned that on your friend's cable it was working,So it means,YOUR CABLE IS DEFECTIVE.
Ask your LAN incharge to get the NETWORK CABLE TESTER TOOL(they already have it with them).And one more thing,Even if the tool shows that cable is intact,still there are chances that wire is defective.

Also before you try to change your LAN cable,ask ther LAN incharge to CROSS-CRIMP your cable at Hub as well as at your end!It is most probable that 1 or more out of 8 wires habe a break in them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom