Is this indication for a virus???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Since 2 days, while startup all process start OK until it reaches the sendmail and next processes. Once sendmail is reached, it takes a long time to start and then same with sm-client. Then after all processes have started a blue blank screen appears for about 1-2 mins. then the login screen appears. Is this a virus?? I know that linux viruses are a minority, but just asking. Also some file extensions like .ods and .zip when clicked on them say they are a java archive and cannot be opened but when right clicked on it and selecting open with archive manager (for .zip) it opens. Similarly for .ods right click on it, press open with OOO. Please Help....???????? :-( :confused: :mad: :?: :cry: :shock:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I think even I had faced the same problem before regarding sendmail. Mehul/Riyaz had helped me fix that problem. Hit Ctrl+C when send mail is reached and your system will continue the boot process. There is a solution for the problem but I dont remember it.Maybe other linux gurus will help.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Just remove sendmail from your default runlevel. I don't think you'd be using it for anything. There is some service manager in Fedora that can enable/disable services at startup.
From what I have seen, MTA's and such do take a bit of a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom