IS this a Virus-- LSASS.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
In task manger I ended a task named LSASS.EXE now coundown starts from 60 and it says something like unexpectional...... :roll: ended at code 1 ......can't read it .........Is this a virus or my comp... is infected with a worm..........

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
mate do search for a lil. There have been so many queries for this exact thing :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15563&highlight=lsass

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
I scanned with that removal tool but it says no worm found.........and I have also updated with that worm patch.........

theraven

Technomancer
lsass is system process
only if u get the sutdown error without closing the process do u have the sasser worm
else ur fine

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Hmmmm.. I too am having that problem but i scanned my comp for sasser and blaster using stinger still this is coming up

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I too am having that problem but i scanned my comp for sasser and blaster using stinger still this is coming up

Did you first install the update as mentioned in this thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15563&highlight=lsass

Else try installing the update and then run the tool and see if you get the same problem

VD17

Journeyman
No you do not.
@Darth: do you get the error when you voluntarily end the task or does it come up all by itself?
if you have installed the update, then it is unlikely the latter will take place. As for SP2, i'm living happily without it. Just use a powerful firewall, like ZA.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Naah...after about 20 mins of logging onto the net
the report to microsoft thing is coming and the rpc call termination

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@ Darthvader : Please try out this link.and see if it resolves the problem.

*www.blackviper.com/AskBV/tech10.htm

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Thanks anyway, as i had already installed sp2......................sigh.............hope no compatibility problems creep out

anandk

Distinguished Member
you've probable been infected with sasser or the lovesan virus. :twisted:

first run your virus scan (avast) at boot time or safe mode using deep-scan modes. :?

then download and use the latest sasser removal tool and sasser fixer tool (microsoft/symantec). :)

then patch up your pc with KB835732 patch. :D

use zone alarm firewall, when on the net.

in case u use broadband, take windows updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom