Is this a right time to upgrade??.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsenthil

Broken In
Hello Guys,

I have been planning to upgrade my P4(1.5ghz) from a very long time.
I have decided to go with the C2D E6600 and the Intel DG965WH m/b (media series) and samsung 940BW

Is this is the right time to upgrade? I was expecting the prices of these hardware components to fall after the release of Windows Vista. But I guess, they haven't.

1. I have heard from the other members in the group that Intel is planning to cut the prices of processors and motherboards in Q2. How real are the dates? Even if there is a price drop, is it going to be in immediate effect even in India?

2. I have also heard that there are going to better and cheaper motherboards coming shortly, which are going to take the full advantage of Vista. Is it true ?

I can definelty wait for an another couple of months if there is going to be a considerable drop in prices or if there are going to be better choices.

Please help me make a decison on my upgrade plans.

Cheers,
Senthil G

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
May be u wait till the budget, but you never know some thing might become costly if the duty is increased.
6 months later quodra processors will be launched,
that time DX10 card will also be available at lesser price.

So what is the best time...............................when you need it that's the best time.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
gsenthil said:
Hello Guys,

I have been planning to upgrade my P4(1.5ghz) from a very long time.
I have decided to go with the C2D E6600 and the Intel DG965WH m/b (media series) and samsung 940BW
The prices of the product you've shortlisted have fallen drastically from when they were originally launched. Regardsless of the budget the prices of the products mentioned in your post will fall more in a few months time owing to the launch of newer products. So basically the right time is when you NEED it the most.

premsharma

In the zone
Waiting is never going to end because there is always something new at the horizon. In that sense, if you keep waiting you will never be able to buy.

Intel DG965WH for C2D E6600 is not justifies. Go for some better motherbaord from Asus or MSI. If you can afford to wait then, then should wait for sometime as motherboards in 965 are confusing at present i.e. either very costly with or without graphics or still not affordable without graphics.

Before buying the motherbaord, check compatibility of RAM too.

abhipal

Journeyman
Its never a good time to upgrade coz in todays world if you buy something it becomes outdated even before you bring it home.
But probably it is good time to upgrade it you needed it most.
Wait for some time untill the Intel's C2D's new xx20 series is launched and of course the AMD's new quad core. After that the prices will definitely fall.

OP
G

gsenthil

Broken In
premsharma said:
Intel DG965WH for C2D E6600 is not justifies. Go for some better motherbaord from Asus or MSI. If you can afford to wait then, then should wait for sometime as motherboards in 965 are confusing at present i.e. either very costly with or without graphics or still not affordable without graphics.

Wat would be a good motherboard for E6600 in terms of cost/performance ratio? and wat are the new series of motherboards coming up shortly ?

Could you please give more details about C2D's new xx20 series...To be frank, I have not heard of it and googling the same did not give any relevant links....

Last edited:

abhipal

Journeyman
gsenthil said:
Could you please give more details about C2D's new xx20 series...To be frank, I have not heard of it and googling the same did not give any relevant links....

Visit this
*www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=5414&commentid=90429

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom