Is this a pathetic PC?

This system is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Re: Poor PC

Well as far as i can say........ your PC is not crap at all.
Lets analyse it

1. P4 3.2 Ghz ------ Not the best but is gud enough unless u are into multi tasking.
2. 1 GB DDR2 RAM --- Not dual channel but it is 1 Gb(thats wat counts)
3. ASUS mobo --- I think it will support O/c
4. 7300 LE ---- AFAIK its not a bad gpu (may be not comparable to X1950 but then i can play NFS carbon on my onboard card , urs is a dedicated gpu)

Last but not the least, you learn 2 throw criticism behind you n BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU GOT.

When your PC arrives at home do this:
1. Log on to the net
2. visit this page www.systemrequirementlab.com
3. Use the " Can i run it feature there?"

U will find how ur RIG will perform on different games.

Have a nice time

OP
godling

godling

Banned
Re: Poor PC

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words. Ever since I got mocked so bad for buying
that system, I've been horrible. I think it's more of the criticism than
the system itself.

You're right, I'll stop cribbing and make the best of this.
And thanks a lot for that awesome weblink. It rulZ!!!! :)

All the best c_r.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
godling said:
I didn't buy the monitor, KB/Mouse etc. Just the cabinet and the internals.

I had to fit it all within 25k, so this is what I got:

1. Intel 3.2GHz (the normal one, not EE)
2. 1GB DDR2 667 MHz Memory (Single stick, & I don't know if it's dual channel)
3. ASUS P5RD2 VM Motherboard
4. GeForce 7300LE 512 MB (Rs. 3000 /-)
5. 80GB HDD
6. DVD Writer
7. Cabinet with four total fans and a good SMPS
8. Creative 5.1 system
@ 25k I guess you are not at much of a loss considering a good smps, cool cabinets and a speaker system from Creative. But you 'could' have gone Pentium D. Not that it is being used completely today but still...

Now I've made a complete laughing stock out of myself amongst my friends, most
of whom who have the luxury of owning dual 7900GTX, ATI X1950 XTX with dual core
cpus etc and GBs of dual channel ram.
Well, those friends of yours seem to be hardcore gamers maybe, and in front of a gaming system, all bow.

But is it really true that with this setup, even simple games won't run? I don't
expect anything more than 30fps at 800x600 with everything turned off. Will that
be possible? I have only two games: NFS Underground and Enter the Matrix.
Both the games gave me 30+ FPS on a GeForce MX 4000 at low settings and @ 1024x768! so see it yourself with a 7 series mid-low end card. ;)

Everyone
is telling me I'll get max 10 to 15 FPS with those games even at minimum settings.

And is it true that Geforce 7300LE is strictly an HDTV card for better images and
pictures, and not meant for gaming?
No, its gonna play all well and upcoming game @ low settings too!

And is it true that any Athlon 64 system with
integrated graphics on the motherboard will easily beat this setup?
Could be, with the 6150 chipset maybe, AMD's are built for gaming and cost lesser, apart from dual core prices.
My vendor told me that it can be used for playing games, but my friends are telling
me that only games like Quake I and Road rash are suitable for it. I've become the
center of attraction for having bought the cheapest card available.

I can't tell until logistics bring it in to my new home (hopefully by tomorrow night),
but in the meantime, please let me know, if this setup is really that horrible for
gaming, considering the fact that I'm only a casual gamer.

Ever since I've been told these things, I've been really upset. God knows if I've
been rooked.
Your friends need a jolt of electricity or what? Ignore them, they are just flaunting thier richness perhaps, but your PC's good enough for a tad more than casual gaming.

Your setup ranks between High and Medium High IMO.
Only catch is future proof. If its 64 bit enabled then no catches.

assasin

Banned
Its a gud config all right but u cud hav gotta dual core CPU to atleat future proof ur pc for bout lets say 2-3yrs.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
If your friends say that your PC will not run any game higher than Quake1, show them your middle finger.

Not everyone can buy a high end gaming rig. Your config should play most of the modern day games but with minimal settings and most of the games that came about a year ago with medium settings and most of the games that came about 2 years ago with max settings.

Don't worry mate. Next time before buying any electronic good, post your requirements to this forum. You could have got a better system (not far better) at that price had you contacted Digit forum.

I had a P-III 1.13GHzPC with 8MB onboard GPU, 256MB SD RAM and I used to play Quake 3 on that without any problem. Now I have Athlon 64 3000+ (overclocked to 2.4GHz from 1.8GHz) and I can run all of the modern day games. I am waiting for good number of DX10 cards to enter the market.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
1. Intel 3.2GHz (the normal one, not EE)
2. 1GB DDR2 667 MHz Memory (Single stick, & I don't know if it's dual channel)
3. ASUS P5RD2 VM Motherboard
4. GeForce 7300LE 512 MB (Rs. 3000 /-)

show them your middle finger.

absolutely ... ur PC is good enough .. the 7300LE maynot be a 7950GX2 but is sure is good ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom