Is This A Fraud????

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
I WENT A MOBILE SHOP TO BUY A MOBILE..

HE SHOWED me a N70 mobile phone..

he said it is a new mobile phone came after replacement

i checked its imie no. and it was different from the imie no. on its box package..

So i wanna know could this be a genuine..

means nokia company really changes the phone with a new one after having a problem..

if it changes gives new phone as a replacement then is the imie no. changed...

if it is so then how will we get the warranty..will the bill be changed as bill is on the name of old n70 which was given for replacement

i hope everybody can understand my demonstration..

so plz give ur suggestions that should i buy that replaced phone...

the bill is only 3 months old and i m getting a discount of 2200-2300 on the original price..
SO plz plz SUGGEST

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
If I were you, I would go for a sealed pack. If you still want to go for that and try your luck, check the following:

1) physical condition of the phone
2) is the phone working without a problem?
3) How is the audio clarity and signal reception?
4) call nokia care and get warranty detail for that IMEI number.

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
ambandla said:
If I were you, I would go for a sealed pack. If you still want to go for that and try your luck, check the following:

1) physical condition of the phone
2) is the phone working without a problem?
3) How is the audio clarity and signal reception?
4) call nokia care and get warranty detail for that IMEI number.

hey i havnt understood ur 4th point..

plz tell me what will customer care tell. and how or where to call nokia care

Last edited:
OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
how can i check warranty details thru imie no. online or thru the phone..

actually today is sunday so nokia care centre is closed today..
SO plz tell me how can i check this sitting in my home itself
and imie no. on the package i have got is different from the imie no. showed on the phone by using *#06#..

the shopkeeper said only phone is replaced with new one that is why imie no. is different

Last edited:

coolendra

Neil is Here...
hey.... i am 95% sure that.. its a fraud.... replaced phones are not directly supplied to the nokia showrooms... its snt to the customer service outlets...

so not sure .... bout its genuinity... check the IMEI no. for the warranty nd other stuff...

prasad_den

Padawan
I'm also pretty convinced that this is a fraud.. First off, when asking for a replacement, many companies ask the customer to send the item in the original packing, mainly to avoid such frauds.. Secondly, even if nokia is gonna replace the phone, it'll be sending the new piece in a sealed pack.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I had same prb. My old n6600 was faulty. So I send it bak 2 nokia. Dey send me a replacement. But d imei no. was diff den d older one. Whn I got bluetooth IC prb., all I had to do was handovr d new handset n bill. Dey confirmd it in their sys that old cell (old imei) was replaced wit new cell (new IMEI) n I got BT IC replaced under warranty...

So jus chk d condition of d phone or best - go to nokia care n show dem ur cell...

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
thank you akshay..

now i m feeling a bit fresh after having ur answer..

so that is the reason in my case i thinkk...

plz confirm that if only handset is replaced without the package box then how will i or u got/will get warranty with new imie no. different than imie no. on the box and bill

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
desmataks said:
hey i havnt understood ur 4th point..

plz tell me what will customer care tell. and how or where to call nokia care

Call or Visit Nokia Care Center and just simply tell them your doubt they will do rest for you free as they are more interested than us to CARB fraud:D

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
yes nowadays nokia is replacing faulty phones for a new one, if u have a faulty fone and i has gone to service center more than twice so third time they change it. if anyone gets a new phone pls ask de vendor to change the imie number on the bill.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
dude if u buy a fone and it has some probs u giv it in the shop(a nokia priority hann not ur paanwale ke bajuwala shop)they try to repair it else replace ur fone wid a new 1
so mite be the box of a replaced fone
but why take chances?
catch the next shop
ask him to open the seal in front of u(only if u r sure to buy it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom