is Thinkpad R51 fine?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i have decided to buy thinkpad r51(2887lq5) laptop with follwoing specs

· Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology
-Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725 (1.6 GHz 2MB Cache)
-Intel® PRO/Wireless Network
-Connection 802.11b/g
· Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
· Intel® 855 GM chipset
· 256MB DDR SDRAM (533MHz)
· 40GB HDD
· DVD-CD/RW Combo Drive
· UltraNAV
· 10/100 Mbps enet
· 56 Kbps modem
· 38.1 cms (15 inches) XGA
· 1-year customer carry-in
hardware global warranty
price-- 49990

i want to know is it fine?? i'm a home user....is the after sales service fine or any other hardware problems??? should i go for it....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Shud be in Hardware reviews section i guess

Go for it !
Centrino is good for lappies and also try for a model of MS WIN XP Pro coz it has better cd burn capablities and advance tools...

Good for home but wheres the gigabit card ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well its a good config. but take note of the point that the pentium-m 7x5 series procs are all 400mhz fsb chips. also, i guess winxp home should be fine for you.

@QM better cd burn capabilites?? plz elaborate! never heard of such a thing!

aftersales service for IBM is pretty good. as for any hardware problems, i guess no hardware will give you any problem unless you dun maintain it properly or just abuse the system!!!! and these are fine pieces of enginerring marvels. handle the tft screen wid care, that is the most delicate of the exposed parts of the lappy!

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Thinkpads are quiet rugged so go ahead with it. They dont look so good but are good performers. Given your usage, its the best choice. If you want some lower end stuff, check out Acer. They have some low power laptops starting from 25k. Plus VAT and other charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom