Is there gonna be a Deus Ex 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKant

In the zone
Heard that Warren Spector had unofficially confirmed a DX3 in an interview after he left Ion Storm. But now that I.S's gone, is it still gonna happen - considering that the first two weren't exactly commercial successes? Any ideas? News? Links? :?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Hmmm, didnt know this but after seeing your post, did some Google and found out that Project:Snowblind was initially meant to be "Deus-Ex: Clan Wars". Saw its preview on Gamers TV some weeks back and the game looked promising. Here is the link Dkant:
*www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/13/news_6107290.html

OP
D

DKant

In the zone
Ah. But that's it. It's just a title inspired by the Deus Ex series. Not an official sequel. Sad. :(

But if it gets any close to the first one gameplay-wise, well, then who's gonna complain! :p

Serial_Killer

Broken In
I dont think Snowblind will be like dues ex series cause Snowblind is proper FPS unlike dues ex which had a nice RPG component to it

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Actually Snowblind does resemble Deus-Ex in many aspects. You still can upgrade using slots, throw around EMP grenades, disable bots rather than fight with the, hack your way in or blast the door open, and many other things that were possible in the Deus-Ex universe. But the final test will be wehn we get to play the demo. So lets wait for it.

Serial_Killer

Broken In
Ya I heard the combat style is kind of the same as Dues Ex but they removed the RPG part ,which made me play the game .
Not quite sure abt the demo since the game has already been released on ps2 & Xbox (gamespot rating 8.3).PC counterpart is due on 6 or 7 ,so there may not be a demo :(

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Dude, snowblind has also the deus ex's biomods type
and u have the choice of selecting them too.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
They pretty much scrapped that for the console huggers and the pure-bred FPS people in DX:IW itself. :D Let's see how it turns out with Snowblind.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Still some other developer can pick it up.... TRIBES vengeance was picked it up by irrational and they made it superb

OP
D

DKant

In the zone
Snowblind migh be good alright in terms of having the same level of flexibility, but it's still not a sequel - in terms of carring the story/characters forward. It's on my watchlist, but not as a DX sequel.

Let's just pray Warren Spector gets a lottery ticket or sumthin' and gets a real DX3 thru. :D

Newayz...thread's dead.

allindrome

Journeyman
Deus Ex 1 was perhaps one of the best games of all times.They brought about their own downfall in the shape of DX:IW which tried to cater to a larger category of players but instead ended up losing their faithful followers.But no doubt it was first of the games to use Machina really well.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Just got Project: Snowblind for the PS2. Its supposed to be a modern combat type where you (currently me) is supposed to take care of a Civil War situation in HK. Looks good so far, but no RPG elements so far in the game.

x3nophon

Right off the assembly line
@enoon
Its not an rpg anyways... hey dude get vampire bloodlines if you want a decent rpg played in an fps perspective... though the shooting aint as great as deus ex but the rpg elements are far superior

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I am waitig for the PC demo of Snowblind to come out. Wonder when will we have the demo?!

@X3no: Welcome buddy, nice to see you here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom