Is there any way to play PS2 games on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Guys I want to know is there any way that we can play high quality PS2 games on PC.If so then what's the requirements for that.And sorry if this topic is already discussed.

borg

In the zone
Definitely you can, First of all u need a DVD player (obviously), then u need a state of the art PC, say P4 2.8 GHz or equivalent with good gfx card & atleast 512 MB RAM. Then download a PS2 emulator from the internet. Google for it. Get a PS2 game & you are ready to go.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
borg said:
Definitely you can, First of all u need a DVD player (obviously), then u need a state of the art PC, say P4 2.8 GHz or equivalent with good gfx card & atleast 512 MB RAM. Then download a PS2 emulator from the internet. Google for it. Get a PS2 game & you are ready to go.
But how will it run I mean the performance of PS2 games on PC will be the same?

Vyasram

The pWnster
ATM, there is no ps2 emulator except 4 pcsx 0.8 but it still cant run any game as told on its "readme". so u cant play any game yet

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Wht would be possible configuratiion required to run them

i hav got
p4 2.66 @ 2.8
Asus P5rd1 vm board having onboard ATi x200 series 128 mb shared..
768 mb ram(640mb)
will my rig will be able to handle ps2 games

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Your configuration requires 1024 MB RAM and still I have heard that the performance of the PS2 games on PC will be 10% of what we can get in PS2.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
gaurav_indian said:
Your configuration requires 1024 MB RAM and still I have heard that the performance of the PS2 games on PC will be 10% of what we can get in PS2.

finally some one wrote the correct thing .

Most ps2 games run , but they run at unplayable fps. so no point in ps2 emulation rt now .
this site has list of games that run on the emulator , and the forums have screenshots of the games running submitted by the users. for now the site is under reconstruction so visit there sometime later .

*www.pcsx2.net/

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
yea dude this site is under reconstructions...i guess im more eagerly waiting for its release...i ran smackdown vs raw 2006 in psx v0.8.1 it ran slowly that too till menu...the match wont start...they claim v0.9 release so its better wit fps but still not complete...so lets hope they come up wit somthing gud soon...till then keep waiting coz its still not playable...

cheers

PrinceHeart

In the zone
well.. I got

P IV 3.0Ghz
1GB SD DDR RAM
Gforce 6800 256 Ultra
LG DVD-ROM
Iomega DVD Writter
160 X 2 Seagate HDD

what else i need ? :p
Got heaps of ps2 dvds and a ps2 console ofcourse :p

And yup .. i google..couldn't find anything.. i think no ps2 emulator yet invented.. any suggestions ?

cheers

KoRn

In the zone
U need the emulator and all of its components especially the rite BIOS.Try www.ngemu.com #! site 4 me.i think the game will be sluggish with ur configs,try a 7800gtx and atleast 2gb of ram for med settings.

Vyasram

The pWnster
as i said there is no ps2 emulator that plays games. Maybe pcsx1.0 will be workable. it'll b available in 2007/08

hbk549

Broken In
pcsx 0.9 will solve the problem but perfect ps2 emu will come when playstation 7 will be will launched man buy a playstation2 for some $$ and play games dont depend on Ps2 emu.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom