Is there Any Way I can....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeshan_04

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Is there any way I can put my name "Zeeshan" instead of "start" in the start menu.

Please tell soon.

Thanks in advance

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
d00d, use th search function. If u r too lazy, I'll give u th link :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5786&highlight=resource+hacker

theraven

Technomancer
well u can use objectbar ... u can create a bar to replace ur taskbar and keep a custom start button
apart from this there was this oldd software called painkiller ...
search for it .. its a replacement for start menu .. adn pretty good
u can even change the icon ...
or u can use a visual theme in xp ... with the button u want .. but im sure u dun want to change ur whole appearance
then there was this software stylebulder from tgtsoft
same ppl who gave us style xp
u can edit the buttons etc .. basically the visual style ... but i dunno if u can change the name of the start menu from there .. im pretty sure u can ... so try that out first

theraven

Technomancer
o the guys already gave a reply .. was to late ..
yeah resource hacker will do the job just fine .. infact better

OP
Z

zeeshan_04

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I tried changing the name using Resource Hacker. But it didn't help.

Instead of "Start", I wrote "Hello" there and then saved the file and then restarted the pc to see the effects. But no change.

I restarted 2-3 times but still no change.

Please help.

hansraj

In the zone
hey zeeshan... ok now that u have changed the start to zeeshan ... make sure that the new changed explorer file is in another drive other than the system root drive and make change in the registry also
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS NT/CURRENT VERSION/WINLOGON and change the shell key to [Drive]:\explorer.exe where [drive] is the local drive where u have placed the changed explorer.exe...... thats it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom