Is there any such player??

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish

Journeyman
Hi,

I wanted to know if there's any portable mp3 player which will use ur existing flash based pen drive to play songs. I mean that there are many players which has the storage and the mp3 decoding inbuilt in it. But is there any player which will use the existing flash drive to store songs and let the drive to plug in and play the songs?? Becoz there's no point in spending double.

Thanks

Krish

d

Journeyman
no since the form factor is important, usb mp3 players hv their codec chips mated only to that specific memory IC by permanent PCB connections. The interface is complex, trust me, and if we were to include USB compatibility or a new interface between the memory and the codec chip, it means the instruction set for that interface will have to be programmed onto another chip...along with ROM for that chip to enable it to recognize any kind of memory IC plugged in. So dude, go get a mp3 player...good question, but its just not worth it....atleast not on solid state memory....maybe its worth considering on hard drive based players...

OP
K

krish

Journeyman
Thanks a lot for that info. That quite some info!! I'll get one soon. The reason I asked was that if there would have been any player like that then the existing pen drive could be used. Anyways, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom