Is there any OS for mobile device dat beats Symbian OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys,

Let me know is there is any OS for mobile device dat beat Symbian OS on spot. Wht is your opinion for Symbian OS...does it goes excellent or worst?

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
No not actually, I wasn't talking about Moto or any other company generally, or was targetting a subsets, what I meant was, Linux is as close a thing you can have on your mobile resembling your PC. And with things like Android, Openmoko, LJ, etc coming out, you can be sure that your mobile and your PC will almost look and function the same in terms of their allocated work areas.

That is what I call as close as it gets. Of course, personal opinion.

In terms of the application set available as of now, nothing can beat Symbian, yet!

Last edited:
OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
No not actually, I wasn't talking about Moto or any other company generally, or was targetting a subsets, what I meant was, Linux is as close a thing you can have on your mobile resembling your PC. And with things like Android, Openmoko, LJ, etc coming out, you can be sure that your mobile and your PC will almost look and function the same in terms of their allocated work areas.

That is what I call as close as it gets. Of course, personal opinion.

In terms of the application set available as of now, nothing can beat Symbian, yet!

thanks for clearing mine cofusion. at the end i got sym as the best os for mobile device at current moment.:)

Tamoghno

Padawan
Even being a hardcore symbian s60 user(used ngage , 6600 , 6630 , n70 , 5700) i gotta admit that software available for windows mobile is far impressive than s60. Though s60 still lags behind in user interface and speed but with newer htc and xperia things are changing.

And iphone os is almost perfect . Dont understand why you said s60 is better

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
i think windows mobile is better than Symbian ...............
Although i am a symbian users but after reading a lot about these two i have founded out that windows mobile is better than symbian

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I'm using both WM6 (Samsung SGH-i710) and s60 OS9.2 (N82) and i find WM6 to be better than s60.s60 doesnt allow the user to tweak the UI but with any WM device u can change the whole look and feel of the UI with softwares like SPB and PointUI Home and lotsa others.
also WM6 is faster than s60 (cant say the same for WM5,found it to be slower than s60 OS9.2 in most occasions).but WM6 has its own disadvantages the main being virus which the current gen of s60 (s60v3) doesnt hav yet.another is the ease of use.most users i've seen using s60 find it a bit difficult in using WM.they seem lost in the settings.

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont like WM6 at all. WM6.1 works better for me. Also WM is now more accessible. Before WM fones were priced too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom