is there any new kind of DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
hey guys i went ahead with the idea of upgrading my bios..... ya i know its risky but i will do it whatever may happen, i have decided with money in my pocket too... but i came across this piece of imformation

"Your computer must be running in a real-mode DOS environment, not the DOS window of Windows NT or Windows 95/98. We recommend that you create a new formatted DOS system floppy diskette for bootup."

Now iam in a doubt that which is this dos... coz so far i am going into dos either using the win me start up disk or the digit bootable disks which were on the stalls for few months...
can some one tell me about DOS.... which is what

sakumar79

Technomancer
When you type command.com or cmd on the Run menu of Windows Start Menu, you get a DOS window... (even if it appears full screen)... When you say restart in DOS mode or you use a DOS boot disk, you get a real DOS environment...

Arun

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
hansraj said:
hey guys i went ahead with the idea of upgrading my bios..... ya i know its risky but i will do it whatever may happen, i have decided with money in my pocket too... but i came across this piece of imformation

"Your computer must be running in a real-mode DOS environment, not the DOS window of Windows NT or Windows 95/98. We recommend that you create a new formatted DOS system floppy diskette for bootup."

Now iam in a doubt that which is this dos... coz so far i am going into dos either using the win me start up disk or the digit bootable disks which were on the stalls for few months...

the dos that seem to open in really part of windwos and called command prompt. looks and works like dos but is requires windows. real dos is independant in itself. get a boot up disk for dos.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
shashanktyagi1 said:
hansraj said:

the dos that seem to open in really part of windwos and called command prompt. looks and works like dos but is requires windows. real dos is independant in itself. get a boot up disk for dos.

If you are using a Mobo like A8N-E, you can do it from within Windows itself and it is not risky also since in case of any mishap, you can revert back to the original version, using the support CD. I have done it twice with my relatively new Mobo without any problem.

V.Prem Kumar

praka123

left this forum longback
I dont know what do u want to do with but there is FreeDos exists. :roll:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos

vinaypatel

Journeyman
hi try bootable 98

and remember ur bios update should be os indepandent other wise it may create many more problem with ur windos nt or server may any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom