Is the RAM is damaged....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
I was checking my RAm with MemTest86+. it founf some errors. The errors are in image format :-

1. *img526.imageshack.us/img526/7325/1bp6.th.jpg

2. *img394.imageshack.us/img394/7941/2oo0.th.jpg

Plz click on it and open it

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
DO u see any constant restarts or blue screen of death???Or do u get many CRC errors even while simply moving files across Hard disc or installing any exe?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
hopefully u have OCed ur RAM a wee bit over or the ram modules are in warrenty....
otherwise u need to replace to prevent future troubles...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Actually....u r memory is damaged but....not necessarily.....even if the contact pins r corroded....then u might get thses errors....try cleaning them......
Also I think u don't get new memory unless u get BSODs or hangs or restarts........

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
offtopic:well AFAIK ram memtest86 the soft used to test ram is though booting through cd or floppy.then how did u manage to take screenshots??

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
"DO u see any constant restarts or blue screen of death???Or do u get many CRC errors even while simply moving files across Hard disc or installing any exe?"
I don't get any constant restarts or BSOD but I get many a times CRC errors

"offtopic:well AFAIK ram memtest86 the soft used to test ram is though booting through cd or floppy.then how did u manage to take screenshots??"

Using mobile phone's camera

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
normally if ram is damaged u will most probably get errors while installing softies containing '.cab' files nd all nd it would be a crc error. Its not the complaint of disc as u can easily copy those to HDD.
Try installing the office XP or 98. Both contains big '.cab' files nd see if u get any CRC errors.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
normally if ram is damaged u will most probably get errors while installing softies containing '.cab' files nd all nd it would be a crc error. Its not the complaint of disc as u can easily copy those to HDD.
Try installing the office XP or 98. Both contains big '.cab' files nd see if u get any CRC errors.

I installed Ofiice 2003 and MS Virtual PC and I didn't get any CRC errors

fate

Right off the assembly line
Justtake out the ram nd clean the contact area with a soft cloth dipped in alcohol. or do a rubbing with an eraser[only the copper coloured area]. nd see if its ok now?

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
thanks fake let me try. hope it works.
Does anyone here know about how to make 20 pin connector of SMPS to 24 pin connector as my motherboard suppports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom