Is the modem provided by BSNL good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankushkool

Youngling
I am planning to take BSNL connection, sud i take the modem from them or get one on my own? i may go 4 de wifi one, not sure though.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
better u buy a good one. anyway they will charge for wifi and are going to take it back if u disconnect connection.
if u change u r connection also never mind u still own u r router. :)

khmadhu

change is constant!!
wifi router cost ranges from 1300 Rs to 4500 Rs.
choose a router which has dual antenna (for long range), with N series support(more speed & future proof).
the high end router has built in modem.but u dont need that becoz BSNL or any ISP will provide that for free.

so best price will be 2000 Rs to 3500 Rs

top brands are Belkin,Dlink,buffalo,Netgear,Linksys.

I use Belkin with dual antenna with N series 300mbps,5 years warranty and i bought it for Rs 2900 3 months back.

OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
thanks a lot :)

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

just checked BSNL is charging 1000 for wired and 1600 for wifi modem :(

busyanuj

In the zone
BSNL's wired modem is good enough IF you don't need wifi.

for wifi, i'll recommend that you buy a better router (Dlink or netgear etc) instead and plug it with your modem.

chintan786

In the zone
I got Nokia - siemens router from BSNL.. it is wi-fi router and works excellent.. if u getting the same then go for it..

vaithy

In the zone
You can try a rental option then purchase it here in the attached file that various types of modem and its MRP is given along with the manufactures..even the vdsl for 16Mbps connections are given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom