is site hosted in india(server) fast while browsed with in india

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
well ,
we have felt that the local isp generally develop some kind of local kind of networking with in them..and when sites are access may be using local internet...sites open faster....

even incase of downloads local files are downloaded fast....

so how is this managed....

are those site just opening fast in india as it has beeen hosted here or there are other reasons as well...

thanks

goobimama

 Macboy
Well if the site is on your local network, that is, directly connected via LAN, then of course stuff will open up fast. My cousin in Mumbai had a cablewalla who had hosted a 1TB file server with all kinds of music and movies (very enterprising, I must say). Downloads were super fast.

Also, a site which is closer to your location (within the country) will open faster. But not necessarily so. If the server that is close to you is slow, while the server somewhere in the US is super fast, then the site will be faster on the US end. Given that two servers have the same network speed, processing speed and such, the speeds will be faster when closer to your geographical location.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
goobimama said:
Well if the site is on your local network, that is, directly connected via LAN, then of course stuff will open up fast. My cousin in Mumbai had a cablewalla who had hosted a 1TB file server with all kinds of music and movies (very enterprising, I must say). Downloads were super fast.

Also, a site which is closer to your location (within the country) will open faster. But not necessarily so. If the server that is close to you is slow, while the server somewhere in the US is super fast, then the site will be faster on the US end. Given that two servers have the same network speed, processing speed and such, the speeds will be faster when closer to your geographical location.

thanks for reply...
and replying in detail..well we are not actually referring as hosting by ourself but as it is related...
any way ....
that mean the isp who host sites in inda using their server are faster than server in usa in normal condition....?
but what about reverse.....
if the same site is open from other countries may be a north american country is it slow..?

and about above answer...is it concerned with the speed of the server only...?
means network..tunneling....bottleneck in networking path. does have imp part to play isn't it....even hops the message packets comes through when it comes from usa isn't it...?

any way thanks for reply..

shashank4u

Youngling
IMO the speed of opening site is only dependent on the quality of server and the quality of broadband connection you have ...BTW i don't know any good indian hosting companies that have servers in India and if they does they are too costly.. and most of the indian hosting companies has servers in US

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
There are only few indian host server like...sify, VSNL..but they are so costly..that U can't afford to have one.

ahref

In the zone
Yes location play an important role in speed of site, if all variable same, then if server is near you site will open fast.

anand1

In the zone
Location doesnot matter musch.
I agree with Shashank And Ravi.
The prices of the indian companies providing hosting is really very high. Still a much is to done by the Enterprise to bring the fast and dedicated network for having a cheap and speedy hosting available in india as well with the servers located in india.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ While location does not matter as much, if all else is the same, a server closer geographically will definitely be faster and more responsive.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Yes Location Matters
but not a lot
I never prefer it

after all Foregin Based Hosting is Much Cheaper than Indian
also as I have tested myself it take 2-3 sec more to open a site thats it

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
A location may not matter as much for a webserver, but it definitely matters the most for a gameserver. Closer the location means lower ping times... so no lag.

The location does matter, actually, since ping we get is less. So response is faster. But since we are on broadband, we generally don't notice it.

ahref

In the zone
Location matters, but since in india there are not much datacenter and hosting are costly in indian based server, therefore people prefer US based hosting

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well thanks for answers

any way my second question

how much bandwidth effect the opening of the site...

means for eg if we have a site currently hosted in US with monthly bandwidth of 10gb ....suppose we increase bandthwidth to 80gb monthly...
will it result in opening page fast by any means....
it is said that bandwidth does not effect the speed ..but any way or tweaks can bandwidth problem can be good...

thanks

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Saharika said:
how much bandwidth effect the opening of the site...

means for eg if we have a site currently hosted in US with monthly bandwidth of 10gb ....suppose we increase bandthwidth to 80gb monthly...
will it result in opening page fast by any means....
it is said that bandwidth does not effect the speed ..but any way or tweaks can bandwidth problem can be good...

thanks
Bandwidth is different......it has nothing to do with speed of opening the site.

Here Bandwidth means data transfer.
"bandwidth" is to describe the amount of data that can be transferred to or from the website or server, measured in bytes transferred over a prescribed period of time. This can be more accurately described as "Monthly Data Transfer."

Web hosting companies often quote a monthly bandwidth limit for a website, for example 5 gigabytes per month. If visitors to the website download a total greater than 5 gigabytes in one month, the bandwidth limit will have been exceeded.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
Bandwidth is different......it has nothing to do with speed of opening the site.

Here Bandwidth means data transfer.
"bandwidth" is to describe the amount of data that can be transferred to or from the website or server, measured in bytes transferred over a prescribed period of time. This can be more accurately described as "Monthly Data Transfer."

Web hosting companies often quote a monthly bandwidth limit for a website, for example 5 gigabytes per month. If visitors to the website download a total greater than 5 gigabytes in one month, the bandwidth limit will have been exceeded.

what can be done ..server wise ..to increase site opening speed...
for eg avg downloads are downloaded at 60kbps ....though normal download are at 7-8kbps
so is it all about the server location...?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Speed, to an extent depends on the server uplink speed too.

Some servers/vps have a 10Mbps uplink, standard servers have 100Mbps while high end ones have 1GBps

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Saharika said:
what can be done ..server wise ..to increase site opening speed...
for eg avg downloads are downloaded at 60kbps ....though normal download are at 7-8kbps
so is it all about the server location...?
Downloading speed from any site depend on their server, where it is hosted.
It depend on upload speed of server.

so, it is always wise to ask hosting company, about the upload speed of server.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
Downloading speed from any site depend on their server, where it is hosted.
It depend on upload speed of server.

so, it is always wise to ask hosting company, about the upload speed of server.
is there any way we can test the upload speed of my hoster....with thier server ip....

by the way it is actually downloading while surfing the pages...so how it is related to uploading ..any ellaborations...

shashank4u

Youngling
There are a lot of tools available online just google them...

and if you want your website to load faster then instead of thinking crap about servers optimize your site's html/css for faster and better performance and loading speeds.

Yaar uploading and downloading are diff things ..i guess you don't use wiki/google much for your answers ?

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
My real question
suppose i have hosted site in us ..which database has many record now....
we want to put a mirror in indian server ..so that it is faster...
(indian people user indian server and us ...use us server)
so we need to replicate..the site
so rather than going to code and changing it ..
are there any options...any mechanism...

i think the major update mechanism is required in database..mysql
any way we can get it done...

it would be better if there is any automatic replication on either server for uploaded files...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom