Is Rise of Nations worth playing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neonet2004

Hello there

I recently saw the sceen shots of the game "Rise of Nations".Is the game worth playing,Should i purchase it or not?

My system meets all the recommended requirements.
Please Answer

JAK

What the Heck !
Prashray said:
Well according to me it is not much good.

hmm me too played it for a few days n then dumped it...but i love the nuke from the game.... :wink:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If you like AoE Kings/Conquerers, you will like this too.

Has more reasearches, different strategies, more no of resources (as many as 32 different resources).

Any way try a Demo version first.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I like stratefy rpg games and won atleast 100 times in aoe2 conquerors in hardest difficulty. Rise of nations was boring after 12hrs. It didn't have anything new. Buy warcraft3 Frozen throne. Age of mythology is better. c&c generals is good too. RON thrones and patriots also 5l_lcl{s.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I wasn't boasting in my first statement in the above post. I was trying to tell that if u r aveteran strategy guy u will hate RON

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Its my favourita game these days. Details
Conquer the world campaign : you start with a civilization and start your march attacking other civs. you pay them tribute for attacking them. it has 18 rounds(or 20 not sure). we start fom ancient age and move to information age. unlimited resource. high graphics. great gameplay. duartion is 1 and a half hours. each civ has special abilities.
also you can play its expansion later on thrones and patriots consisting of five campaigns
1. Alexander
2. Napolean Bonaparte
3. Cold War
4. New World
5. Modern World
Interseting na. Ya it also gives the complete history

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Its OK

Well, the game's OK if you're a beginner in RTS games, but if you've played AoE or anything else before, it will just confuse the living daylights out of you. I should really kick myself because not only did I purchase the original, but the bloody expansion as well. Having said that, its not ALL that bad, you might actually LEARN something from the game. You can also get to nuke your enemies, which is by far the coolest part of the game, :lol: but alas, you can do this only 9 times or so before the game ends automatically, declaring everyone the loser. :evil: On the whole, while its interesting, you might be better off with Warcraft3/TFT or Age of Mythology and the expansion. AoM is really cool, you might want to check that out. RoN will not keep you coming back for more like Warcraft or AoM.

Journeyman
Its not worth it. The game sucked. I still like AoE .. Much better. Better Mojo

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Age of mythology, aoe dont have concepts cleared amongst it. In Aom we have to kill God and give life back to a dead god.
But in ron each and every concept is clear, so its fun to play it. and btw u should first complete the mains and then purcahse the sequels

godzi_85

In the zone
i can`t believe on this holy planet.. that you guys say rON sucks,.,.,,. man what suckers. ;)
if you like strategy games.. then ron would be worth buying....
better try the demo.... andalso try out thrones and patriots demo if there is one... if you like both of them then go and buy the RON gold edition to be released by the end of this month.. will have both the original and the expansion...
but other games apart from ROn worth trying are..
AOM, ROme total war, Warhammer 40k, codename panzers phas one, warcraft 3...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
godzi_85 said:
i can`t believe on this holy planet.. that you guys say rON sucks,.,.,,. man what suckers. ;)

Hey buddy, watch who you call suckers :D We never said the game SUX! Its just that its not as "enthralling" as AoM or Warcraft. For me honestly, the game was slightly more complicated than the others. Some might say that's good, but to a person who's USED to the old style, changing it all in one fell swoop is a little too much to ask. Not to mention that RoNX is slightly more complicated than RoN. Thankfully at least it has campaigns, which I found to be a really really SORE point in RoN. :D It still doesn't have the interesting in-between storylines that make Warcraft, AoM or even AoE so popular. That's all. Nothing personal against the game, but as they say, one man's meat is another man's poison :D

godzi_85

In the zone
ya jeba its a hell lot better than AOM.......
yes its a bit complicated the AOE... but atleast the micromanagement issue is well taken care of in RON.. than it was in AOE....
and plus if it weren`t complicated then it wouldn`t have been such a great game....... what`s the use of the human brain if it ain't gonna try anything complicated... its just gonna rust.. lolz..
and oh ROn also got a lot more mods than AOE.... which makes it all the more fun....
plus you can play world war 1 and 2 in RON which you can`t in AOE or AOM..;)
oh don`t mean to say AOE sucks.. i just love it... been playing it from the time it was released.. its good in its own right...
same with RON its good in its own right...
there are so many different strategy styles..
* Militaristic Games
* Non-Combat Games
* Non-Economic Games
* Minor Economy Games
* Vast Economy Games
* Local Games
* Global Games
* Fantasy Games
* Non-Fantasy Games
* Real-Time Games
* Turn-Based Games
* Real-Time & Turn-Based Games
* Ancient Time Games
* Industrial Age Games
* Modern Time Games
* Future Time Games
* Multi-Period Games
* Conquer Games
* Tactical Games
* Tycoon Games
* Empire Games

is what i can think of.....
oh go to www.strategyinformer.com.. for info on various sub-genre strategy games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom