is NVidia better than Ati?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@jamyang,man if i m not mistaken ur same post is in graphics related query then why another post?try not to double post the same query.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
that question has no simple answer...both are competent companies and have cards for all ranges....
are u interested in buying a video card? if so wat is ur budget?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
both agp and pcie is available go for the one which ur mobo supports.
by the way which mobo u hav???

OP
jamyang312

jamyang312

Journeyman
mine is very old. Besides I was just asking to help in my upgrade.
I plan to buy an ASUS A8N-SLI Prenium which costs Rs8K in delhi .is it meant for overclocking?
do u know of any other motherboard which is better than this one and is less than RS10K?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
jamyang312 said:
mine is very old. Besides I was just asking to help in my upgrade.
I plan to buy an ASUS A8N-SLI Prenium which costs Rs8K in delhi .is it meant for overclocking?
do u know of any other motherboard which is better than this one and is less than RS10K?

Are you sure that A8N-SLI Premium is Rs.8k? :eek: :shock: 8) Then can you get the price of A8N-SLI deluxe and plain A8N-SLI?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
i wont suggest a sli mobo untill unless u r gonna put 2 6800gs or better grapix card else if u wanna overclock then go for DFI lanparty :p mobo which is one of the best mobo and is overclockers dream,it will cost u around 8-9k but it dont hav a sli.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
If your new to OCing I would not suggest getting the DFI Lan Party. It is for extreme OCing purposes with way too many options which will end up confusing the average user. The SLI does have OCing capabilities and it is much more stable as well.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
no 6600GT is better then 6600LE.6600LE will cost u around 6k where as 6600GT will cost u around 9k.

OP
jamyang312

jamyang312

Journeyman
dear drvarunmehta,
yur help helped me a lot and not to forget aniruddh(da resident techie).
thanx a lot guys.
how much does a 1 GB ddr400 ram cost and which is the cheapest brand?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
dun compromise with the performance juz for few hundred bucks so betta go for a brand like kingston or transcend which will cost u bout 5k for 1GB 400MHz,as der is a performance diff between cheaper brand and quality company ram like kingston and transcend so i'll suggest to go for either of these 2.

goobimama

 Macboy
Buying good quality RAM is what most people ignore, thinking that MORE of it will give better performance. I can be that 512 of Transcend will give 1 Gig of Hynix or Hyundai a run for its money...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
goobimama said:
Buying good quality RAM is what most people ignore, thinking that MORE of it will give better performance. I can be that 512 of Transcend will give 1 Gig of Hynix or Hyundai a run for its money...

Not if it's a Hynix D43 chipset which OC's like crazy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom