Is new serial required for SP2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I have a licensed Windows XP Corporate edition disc. I want to create an unattended Win XP SP2 disc (I know the the steps). Will the serial code I got with Corporate edition work or do I have to get a new one??

Don't worry go Ahead... Nowadays licensed users have to worry than the pirated users..

You are a liicenced user, it will definitely work...But don't share your copy to your friends....then MS will deactivate
your licence serial no.

Deep

Version 2.0
shwetanshu said:
i think it requires new serial number, PM me for details

No it doesnt, why it should require in the first place? it is just service pack not a ner version of OS....

101% works with old serial...

Deep

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i m not sure about the original, i have a pre-loaded OS, so i dont care about it, but my frnds who have a pirated version, had to search for a new serial number after integrating SP2 to the original CD.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
why even talk of Pirated version ? The guy clearly states he has a original version of Windows XP then whats with the PM and all...sheesh :roll:

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Even the original CD integrated with SP2 asks for a new serial number if not done by aadipa's way given in Tutorial section. Even our school which has ORIGINAL WINDOWS XP PRO on each & every computer installed from a multiuser licenced cd wen integrated with SP2 refused to accept the old serial number.

This is wat my computer teacher told me. And i know that the windows was original coz i had installed it on some computers by myself.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19329&highlight=sp2

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dude...we just installed SP2 on over 400 machines here. No hassles what so ever. And the guy is asking if he can do an unattended installation on machines which have original Windows installed. So I dont see any issues.

theraven

Technomancer
which was the "original" cd key may i ask ?
post the first 5 letters of it
im so sure it was an FCKGW one
and do not even THINK of helping anyone with anything illegal
on the forums or off the forums ( that we know off )
consider it a warning

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
uuh! FCKGW! :lol: U really know sth dude! 8) ... Great! stuff! .. tell me some more which U find invalid! at the time of installation! ...

& mr. solution i too have a solution . i think most of us would be having a solution so who-so-ever in need of can contact neone! :D

great! going piracy!

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm im gonna let the other mods warn u for that psot
anyways for YOUR information if ur cd key is valid then SP2 has to accept it !!
so why dont u do a lil research before u open that big trap of urs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom