is my hard disk about 2 crash???

Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
After my gr8 achivement yesterday of transforming radeon 9500 --->>> Radeon 9700pro. I noticed my computer hanged each time i booted after about say 5 mins or 10 mins and immediately whenever i installed a program. I had tried using sumthing called hutil from samsung's website but it didn't worked out 4 me, it just didn't detect my SATA hdd bcoz it detected only legacy hdds. It makes some sort of "TAK-TAK" noise.
Tell me is it about to die. Its model no is Samsung Spinpoint SP8012C. it is sata HDD.
by the way I hav P4 2.4 C Overclocked to 3.2 GHz, MSI 875P Neo

Sourabh

Laptoping
there is no way to check when ur hdd wod crash coz only time u wod come to knw is after it actually crashes

even if its make a lil noise, they still do run for a long time

i have a 20 Gb 5400 rpm hdd installed in office and makes quite a lot of noise but still is working fine past one year

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Sourabh said:
there is no way to check when ur hdd wod crash coz only time u wod come to knw is after it actually crashes

even if its make a lil noise, they still do run for a long time

i have a 20 Gb 5400 rpm hdd installed in office and makes quite a lot of noise but still is working fine past one year

I am trying to get a low level format via drive scrubber as its 80 GB Hdd it wud take around 4 hrs. right now it says 45mins left. lets see what happenns

indro

In the zone
Sata Drives makes a little noise , check if you can run THE debug script , enable the smart capability for the hdd , and if it gives a smart error , then its obvious that it will crash , i do agree with sourab with HDD's making sounds wihout any crashes , but one more point i would like to share is that the 5400 20 g's do make sound , which has been resolved from the hdd's nowadays , the hdd's nowaways have very low arcoustics .

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi [flAsh],

Are you sure of the model of your HDD? Please crosscheck it. Have you tried SHDIAG? *www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDrive/utilities/shdiag.htm

A failing HDD generally heats up more than usual, makes more noise, and you will get a lot of errors - saving files, errors in the operating system, errors on bootup etc.

DH.

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Doc Holliday said:
Hi [flAsh],

Are you sure of the model of your HDD? Please crosscheck it. Have you tried SHDIAG? *www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDrive/utilities/shdiag.htm

A failing HDD generally heats up more than usual, makes more noise, and you will get a lot of errors - saving files, errors in the operating system, errors on bootup etc.

DH.

I had tried shdiag but it didn't detect my SATA HDD instead it detected my PATA HDD.
Finally the drive has crashed, it's not even booting and is making a mechanical clattering sound. anyways thanx 2 u all 4 taking interest in my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom