IS MORE POWER PSU MAKE PRO & SYSTEM COOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASH_DSG

Hi,
I want to know that I have a 300Wpsu(came with cabinet) I had read many threads that must have a 400 or above psu can u tell me what is diffrence in that does it make the system and processor cool b'coz it got more power or else for what and y use it. I have a Celeron 2.53 d ghz. 478 ipn pro tul corp. ati 9000/9100 pro igp set mobo with agp8x slot and 256mb ram(ddr sdram 400) and my pro temp is around 58-60 and when playing games it got to 75 -80 wht shoul I do.

Third Eye

gooby pls
hello

if u ask me which supply i buy,a rated 350 watt or local 400w,i will go for rated.it's better to get urself a rated powersupply like antec.i suggest u to go for antec or coolermaster 500w psu.500w is better for 7800gt or other highend cards.clean ur cabinet with a blower of vacum cleaner.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
PSU has nothing to do with cooling purposes nor even with performance....
Ur proci wont run faster if u have 630 watt PSu...
It only counts when u r going too Over clock it or add new generation card as mentioned by tech_mastermind
But u will need a high PSu if u add on some cooling devices, as u said ur temp is around 60..
if u want too know abt coolling solutions, there r two topics going on in this forum, both will satisfy ur question..

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well PSU is arguably the most neglected part of the PC .

Having a good solid PSU isnt a novelty or uber hardware but a necessity.
Even though the PC runs fine with a cheapo 300W PSU but its always better to use a decent make PSU not because of its high wattage but because the quality of power it provides to your components.the current rating it gives on each voltage rail,this also make hell lot of difference.

Think about it,its not a novelty,its a necessity

OP
A

ASH_DSG

Thanx guys,
But can u tell me which psu should I use as u said that original psu are better than which are original psu(350 to 450 W) company name and price in Delhi and from where I can buy them.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Better go for Powersafe 450/400Watt PSU

Antec is good but then i never trusted their lower end models much, may be is got a bad piece...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom