Is Kaspersky a good spyware blocker??

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_man

Broken In
I have installed Kaspersky AV in my machine and it also comes with its own spyware detector...it looks pretty good in terms of features and so does the AV itself; it detected many backdoors and trojans that Norton hadn't....but occasionally i see the mouse skip to the top/bottom of the screen suddenly..i believe that this is a sigh that some thing is still lurking in the background....i wanna know how good Kaspersky's anti-spyware system is....or should i go for a separate s/w for that....in that case pls suggest ...thanks a million...

anandk

Distinguished Member
kav av is just great ! kav scans for spyware/etc along with its full virus/system scan. there is no separate scan or defns set. its anti-spy module (in kis atlst) has nothing to do with finding spyware/etc. its more like (not exatly) tweaking of system (like xpy/xpantispy/etc) to harden security- eg anti-phishing, anti-banner, popup blocker, etc.

if u r using kav, no harm in having a dedicated anti-spyware like adaware, etc, handy.

Come on man,how can u say that KIS is not a good suite?
It is the best the world has to offer...
as for u r scrolling thing,it may just b u r mouse lagging

OP
b_man

b_man

Broken In
Yeah, kaspersky's reputation precedes it...plus i got zonealarm's anti-spyware component also...anyway, i am just gonna run a scan from adaware and be sure,,,,

what could be the reason for the mouse skipping like this though!!?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Optical mouse often skips or jumps to the top or bottom of the screen when it is used on a very smooth surface like on top of plastic, sunmica, glass, plastic mousepads etc. Better use a pad with a cotton or velvet touch on the top.
This will prevent it from skipping away.

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
kis av is best on earth keep using it

i hate Norton its eat ram and processor , its a lamer

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Kaspersky Internet security certainlly is a great spyware/malwere and any thing bad removel...

i trust i with my eyes closed :))

prasad_den

Padawan
Lucky_star said:
Optical mouse often skips or jumps to the top or bottom of the screen when it is used on a very smooth surface like on top of plastic, sunmica, glass, plastic mousepads etc. Better use a pad with a cotton or velvet touch on the top.
This will prevent it from skipping away.
Exactly...!! Thats why I use the plastic mousepad upside down, so the rubbery surface is on top..!!

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
I think that both Bit Defender and Kaspersky Antivirus are equally good, it all depends upon your needs and system configuration. I don't find NOD 32 bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom