Is it wise to buy ps2 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
HI guys i am a big fan of tekken series .I want to lay my hands on it someday. I know its only on ps2 and psp.BUT i dont enjoy on psp so i have decided to buy ps2 . But unfortunately i am in final year of my bsc degree.So i will be buying it in march /april 07 . So do u think there will be any ps2 units left then?I HAVE heard ps2 production has stopped.please reply soon:)

Anand_RF

Journeyman
It'd be a waste to buy ps2 now. Even game companies will stop producing games for them. But then again, ps2 is cheaper than current consoles, so it really is a tough choice.
Btw, I believe ps3 will be backward-compatible. If you can afford to buy it that is.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
Anand_RF said:
It'd be a waste to buy ps2 now. Even game companies will stop producing games for them. But then again, ps2 is cheaper than current consoles, so it really is a tough choice.
Btw, I believe ps3 will be backward-compatible. If you can afford to buy it that is.
Thanx for ur reply mate but im
from middle class family n cant afford ps3 and titles for ps2 r lot cheaper :-l

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Get a PS2 as they r really cheap now days and have a abundant games library that will keep u busy for a long time (maybe till the PS3's price comes down to what PS2's cost now.......he.....he).
Seriously, I have a PS2 for around 3 years now and still enjoy gaming on it.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
john_the_ultimate said:
Get a PS2 as they r really cheap now days and have a abundant games library that will keep u busy for a long time (maybe till the PS3's price comes down to what PS2's cost now.......he.....he).
Seriously, I have a PS2 for around 3 years now and still enjoy gaming on it.
Thanx for ur advice bro ,but do u think it will be available till march 07?:-o

SolidSnake

Broken In
Anand_RF said:

Why would it be waste? PS2's gigantic library can't be ignored, PS2 will get support for 2 years atleast, it is a >100 Million market afterall. Not to mention it is cheap now.

Buy PS3 when it gets modded.:D

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes the games r scheduled for release for the next 2 years approx. Even if it is not, then also the vast collection of games already available is enough to keep u busy.

N

--Neo--

my advice : only buy it if you can't afford a HDTV for the next-gen consoles

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Sony has promised PS2 support for next four years. Even if they don't kep the promise still u have hundreds of games to play on a ps2. Or wait for wii if it comes out in a affordable price range. my cousin is planning to buy a xbox or a wii(if the price suites) in march. If wii doesn't suit the wallet its xbox for him , the titles he wants to play are on xbox except few ps2 that will be missed by him like Resident evil series.

K

krazyfrog

I think the ps2 will be available till march atleast in india where the ps3 won't come in a hurry. There are hundreds of excellent games already available for ps2 with many more still to come. Although to be on the safe side you can buy the ps2 now and keep it aside for a few months till your exams get over. Or you can play on it for about an hour so that you don't waste your study time.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
krazyfrog said:
I think the ps2 will be available till march atleast in india where the ps3 won't come in a hurry. There are hundreds of excellent games already available for ps2 with many more still to come. Although to be on the safe side you can buy the ps2 now and keep it aside for a few months till your exams get over. Or you can play on it for about an hour so that you don't waste your study time.
THANKS,hope my parents agree ;-)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
krazyfrog said:

Availability is not the issue , i am confident Ps2 will be available for next few yrs to buy, sony just launched pink PS2 for girls and metrosexual kind'a guys. They have no plan to cut the production soon.

Since the release of the Xbox 360, Microsoft has averaged 246,000 console sales each month in the US, while the PS2 has seen an average of 473,000 units—a number bolstered by an estimated 1.5 million sales in December alone. Leaving out December, Sony's average drops to 302,000 per month, still outpacing the Xbox 360 by a healthy margin.

no reason to shut the production , even PS1 is still available in the market to buy.

K

krazyfrog

tarey_g said:
sony just launched pink PS2 for girls and metrosexual kind'a guys.
PINK ps2?! Ughh...... I wouldn't even want to be caught dead with one! I mean black is OK, silver is Ok, but PINK!!! Even girls wouldn't buy that!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Pink ps2 is just pink in color else hardware is obviously same , the pink one is high in demand girls want it . Similar move by nintendo , they have also released a pink ds currenly the craze among girls and is also costlier 225$ ,but girls are still buying it.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/08/pinkps2.jpg

*www.joystiq.com/media/2006/06/dslitepink.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom