Is it the right time to buy a new PC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toocool

Journeyman
I am gonna buy a new PC pretty soon (within this weekend)

My question is, is it the right time? Coz i feel maybe the prices might drop in december.. Is it worth the wait? Will there be a drop in the prices in december?

And also is Amd 3800+ x2 available right now? If yes whats the price?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
It depends upon tyour requirement. Do you want it really urgently? Vista is going to come out late next year and no one is really sure of the requirements. So i guess if you can delay your purchase, you should do.

However, if the requirement is urgent.. you should get it.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Yes....prices may or may not drop but if u r in urgent to by PC the u ca proceed...

secondly, yes Amd 3800+ x2 is availabe & it costs u around 20k approx...

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
i cant wait until next year! i cant delay it for 2 or 3 more weeks!! any expected price drops in the first or second week of december???

prices usually drop in december.. i do not know abt computer hardware but other consumer goods..

hummer

Journeyman
buyin computer can b pastponed indefinitly . prices r always on adownward slide. so if u ganna buy it , u gotta buy it. in 2 weeks u might b able 2 save 500 bucks max over all. optimistically. :D :D :D

goobimama

 Macboy
It is never a good time to buy a PC.... - Goobimama

The fact is that there never is a right time. There are always new technologies coming up which are just over the hill and you want them. I wanted to wait for DDR2, 64bit and PCI express. But then came DualCore, SATAII, and the whatnot. It never stops. If you have to buy a PC, buy it now. If you don't have to, then wait till you have to and buy it then.

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
Thanks guys.. Hummer is right i might save max 500 to 1000 bucks..

Please visit this thread and post.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32953

Thanks

jay4u

In the zone
see tell u one thing .... prices always falls... but we are still spending the same.....

i brought a pc 5 years back for 44k.......

then i brought another 2 yrs back for 46k....

difference... nothing..... my price is same but the specifications upgrade...

apart from that...noe the mkt is good with decent variety of hardware.. compting prices... and i do not fore see any budget of tax cuts in near future....

the dice is urs dude... either wait and watch or set off to catch the worm.... WAKE UP BIRDIE

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
jay4u u stole my words. That's what i tell all my friends about PC and mobile. the current pc is my 5th home pc , all were Rs.40-45 K. Even my initial 286 and 386. BTW dad bought all. only i decided the config of current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom