Is it the end of my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi guys there is a problem with xp.Whenever i start my pc the xp starting screen appears but the log in screen turns blank and my pc restarts.is these a viral attack will i lose all my data?pls reply soon i am quite depressed:-(

anandk

Distinguished Member
see if u can start in safe mode. start ur pc and keep pressing f8. this way u will go into safe mode. backup ur data first; on a difrnt drive atleast.
then scan ur pc with ur av/antispy.
u can also try to do a system restore in safe mode.

damnthenet

Journeyman
If u cannot go to safe mode, boot using a startup Dos disk to boot DOS and then transfer the imp data into partitions or hardisk (if u have) other than the one where o.s is installed.........
This way U can safely play with the other options like windows repair and the sort......

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
damnthenet said:
If u cannot go to safe mode, boot using a startup Dos disk to boot DOS and then transfer the imp data into partitions or hardisk (if u have) other than the one where o.s is installed.........
This way U can safely play with the other options like windows repair and the sort......
hi but f8 is not responding and c: shows no optical drive what do i do:-o

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
then if u want ur retain ur data then try some live cd's. else just format & install xp again:D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
There is some windows XP live CD which u can boot from CD itself even if u dun have an HDD. Use it to get into windows nd then transfer all imp files nd then reinstall after a format of win partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom