Is it Possible to switch Host without changing domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Well friends, I wanna ask you that is it possible to switch hosting service without changing the domain name?

I think switching hosts don't effect any sort of Alexa/Google Rank of the Domain

Pls correct if I am wrong

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Your main question, yes it si possible to change host w/o changing domain name. For the ranks part, it shouldn't. I only had a bit of google search issues due to mis-configured robots.txt and sitemaps.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes, You can switch host without changing domain. All you have to do is change your nameservers to your New Host :)

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Yeah, while changing host, apparently the permissions on the files got fudged. But, now everything is fine.

What errors on Google?
Following errors I am getting:

*i36.tinypic.com/egbl2o.png
*i34.tinypic.com/ipbeo2.png

The problem is that all was fine 3 days ago (when I setup my website in freehostia), my pages were in google too, but suddenly I got the above shown errors.

I don't know what to do? Help me

I repeat everything was fine and I am following all the guidelines. I also verified my site by uploading HTML file to the host. I also made sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz.

This sudden error made me perplexed as I don't know whats the problem? All was fine but Now it's giving errors. My domain is under www.co.cc

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Welcome to the club. :D I faced the same problem. I don't really have stepped tutorial on how I got rid of it. But, do one thing, create a duplicate sitemap.xml file in your home directory.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Welcome to the club. :D I faced the same problem. I don't really have stepped tutorial on how I got rid of it. But, do one thing, create a duplicate sitemap.xml file in your home directory.

Ya I am feeling proud that I joined your club :D

I used a wordpress plugin for generating XML site map. But now how I create a duplicate Sitemap?

Suggest any other free plugin service.

Also I read on Google that If you have more than 100 Links on a sitemap than for successful crawling break the sitemap. Now how to do this? Is their any sort of technique for braking sitemap?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Ya I am feeling proud that I joined your club :D

I used a wordpress plugin for generating XML site map. But now how I create a duplicate Sitemap?

Suggest any other free plugin service.

Also I read on Google that If you have more than 100 Links on a sitemap than for successful crawling break the sitemap. Now how to do this? Is their any sort of technique for braking sitemap?
Just copy the text file created (robots.txt) by the sitemap generator, it has a link to the original xml sitemap that google uses.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@mrintech
The plugin which you are using creates and writes to a sitemap.xml file. Just copy this file into your root directory. This is what iMav means. On the other hand, I am not sure if it will work. Could be just a overlapping of events that occurred with iMav.

Also, if you are moving database-driven website, you will have to export and import databases appropriately and also change the database connection details such as username, password, database name in the settings or config files!

Also, it it matters to you, you should backup the logs such as error logs, access logs, visitors stats. etc.

Backup your mails as well.

Best way to achieve all this id download a full backup of your site from your control panel.

Tip: Whenever moving your sites, create a index page that shall send "HTTP 503-service temporarily unavailable code; Try after some time" code to the spider and browsers!

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Hey Friends,

I have already done what you all are saying when I installed all the applications. See the screenshot below:

*i33.tinypic.com/e86a11.png

The main thing is that I am not getting this everything was fine before 3 days. Google was indexing my site and pages properly, but suddenly it starts giving errors :confused: My account is with freehostia and my site is with *mrintech.co.cc

I don;t know if this the problem with .co.cc Here's the link for Robot.txt file: *mrintech.co.cc/robots.txt

Now pls tell me where's the mistake/problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom