is it possible for pop3 mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhavj1

Broken In
I have a mtnl account ending with the @bol.net.in and know its pop and smtp servers.I can use it to download the mails from the server on Outlook Express.

But the thing is that the email ID has got just too many spam messages with quite a few of them definetely being viruses.So basically I guess it is quite easy for me to accidentally open any of the emails accidentallly thereby infecting the computer.And also once I download some particular mails on the computer then I cannot check it from another computer.

So what I was thinking was of checking the mail online.The thing is that the particular site's mailbox sixe is only 4 mb.So it gets full quite quickly.

My question is it is possible to check the mail online that is either by integrating it with another email ID if the email service supports downloading mail from other pop3 servers(is it possible) or is there any online service available where I can download my mails of the mail account?

The service if there exists any should preferably have a virtual mailbox(> 4 mb at least) and have spam filters.Also if there is any such free service please let me know.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out *www.download.com/SpoofNSend/3000-2369_4-10451109.html?tag=lst-0-1 for what appears to be a software that can forward your mail to another account such as a GMail account... There is another at *www.sspi-software.com/press_rel_50.html but it is a shareware ($20 for usage over 30 days)...

Arun

iinfi

mekalodu
i think there is an option in gmail for retrieving POP mail from other domains.
plz click on settings inside gmail >> forwarding and POP and see if it helps
and gmail sud also check ur mails for viruses. then u can use outlook to download ur mails from gmail

im not 100% sure ... so apologies if i m wrong.
plz check if it works

tuxfan

Technomancer
anubhavj1 said:
But the thing is that the email ID has got just too many spam messages with quite a few of them definetely being viruses.So basically I guess it is quite easy for me to accidentally open any of the emails accidentallly thereby infecting the computer.

Have a look at mailwasher and ePromptor. They both let you see header of your mails and delete them directly from the server without downloading them. Plus, mailwasher can also maintain a black list of spams which are automatically deleted each time you check your mails thru mailwasher. I use mailwasher.

anubhavj1 said:
And also once I download some particular mails on the computer then I cannot check it from another computer.
In OE there is an options called "Leave a copy of message on server". You can use that in combination with another option called "delete from server when deleted from deleted items". You will find both these options in Tools > Accounts > Properties > Advanced

anubhavj1 said:
My question is it is possible to check the mail online that is either by integrating it with another email ID if the email service supports downloading mail from other pop3 servers(is it possible) or is there any online service available where I can download my mails of the mail account?

As far as I know, yahoo lets you do this and most others web-based mails let you do this! Check out their options.

UPDATE: I just checked. Yahoo lets you do this! Log in, click on Options and then on Mail Addresses
Yahoo! said:
Also retrieve mail from your other (POP) accounts into your Yahoo! Mailbox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom