Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
The configuration of my PC is -

D102GGC2
1 GB RAM DDR2
160 GB HDD

Guys, installed Fifa 06, Fifa 07, Cricket 07, NFS Carbon, Max Payne 1 & 2, Prince of Persia......all these games r running fine on this ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Chipset. However, today installed some more games like Gothic and Call of Duty 2 and experienced some slowness and jerks while playing. Don't know if its in the game itself or need a good graphics card now......Plz help.

Anyways, for a future option, do suggest a good graphics card (I think it has PCI Express slot) for my machine.... It wud help, if u can give an estimated price too. Thnx in advance :)

amitava82

MMO Addict
onboard cheap is not sufficient for new games.. of course u need a graphics card to play such games.. :lol: regarding your suggestion, mention your budget then we can suggest a card. otherwise we can suggest a card for as much as 40K

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
abhipal said:
Visit *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=421388&postcount=1

Guys, thnx 4 the info and the link !!!!

First of all, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 is not just a simple inbulit graphics card. It can share abt 256MB RAM with your physical memory installed. But yes, definately can't b compared with those high class Graphics Card's availabe today. Ok, enough of support for ATI....lolz.

As per budget goes, the card shud b good enough for some coming years..... But again tht does'nt mean it can cost anything. But, I think I made my point clear. If it supports all the games say for coming 4-5 years, it wud do. (know it wud b a guess work, but tht wud b fine)

@abhipal: Thnx for the link buddy. However, I tested my PC for NFS Carbon and it failed my video card, but I am playing tht game damn well. So, it can't b conclusive.

Guys plz help me out.... :confused:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
bad_till_bones said:
Guys, thnx 4 the info and the link !!!!

First of all, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 is not just a simple inbulit graphics card. It can share abt 256MB RAM with your physical memory installed. But yes, definately can't b compared with those high class Graphics Card's availabe today. Ok, enough of support for ATI....lolz.

As per budget goes, the card shud b good enough for some coming years..... But again tht does'nt mean it can cost anything. But, I think I made my point clear. If it supports all the games say for coming 4-5 years, it wud do. (know it wud b a guess work, but tht wud b fine)

@abhipal: Thnx for the link buddy. However, I tested my PC for NFS Carbon and it failed my video card, but I am playing tht game damn well. So, it can't b conclusive.

Wait for a while, & buy Geforce 8600GT with 256 MB+ RAM, will be good enough for 4 years easily

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Guys, is GeForce a subset of NVIDIA only? Or are they different entities?

And whts the basic difference btw 8600GS & Geforce 8600GT?

Who is the maker of this 8600GS, NVIDIA or GeForce?

abhipal

Journeyman
bad_till_bones said:

Thanx man for reply. The website tests your hardware online so there may be possibility for error. But when I tested it was always right.
Have you checked both "Minimum req and the Recommended req."

Third Eye

gooby pls
bad_till_bones said:
Guys, is GeForce a subset of NVIDIA only? Or are they different entities?

And whts the basic difference btw 8600GS & Geforce 8600GT?

Who is the maker of this 8600GS, NVIDIA or GeForce?

GeForce is a brand of PC graphics chipsets designed by NVIDIA.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Whts the basic difference btw GeForce 8600GS & Geforce 8600GT?

BTW: Correct me, if both 8600GS & 8600GT r not of GeForce Make..... :rolleyes:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@bad_till_bones
GS stands for mid level perfomance nd GT for extreme of that GPU.
The GS usually have DDR2 nd GT will have DDR3 or4. Nd the core/mem clocks of GT is clocked much higher that GS.

Whats ur budget????The 8600 series goona be above 12k or 14k when it first launches nd ull have to wail 4~5 months inorder to get it below 10k. At that time better card will be available for 12~14k nd thw waiting will have no end.

Get a good card of ur budget now nd be happy with it.
First specify ur budget.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The 7600GTs price will fall to a max of 7k. 6600GT was bout 10k when 7600GT launched nd 6600GT became 7k nd 7600GT came on 10k.
lly when 8600 launches 7600GT will at max reaches 7k.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
well thats a relief (7k), i mean DX10 games are not gonna be launced till Q3 & these DX9 gfx. cards will last atleast a full year for softcore gamers :D & maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom