Is it a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I have Windows XP with SP2 in PC, Vista in my laptop, both the machines have Norton Internet Security 2007 installed in them, my brother uses usb drive most of the time for his academic project, he uses the pen drive in college and also at home. every time when pen drive is inserted we scan the pen drive for virus.

But from few days in both the systems, whenever i switch on i find the hidden files being displayed. Also when i check in the folder options, Show hidden files and folders is snabled. So everytime i see this hidden files being displayed i set the do not show hidden files and folders option. Yet sometimes when the system is started the same issues happens, i.e. the Hidden files are displayed.

Is this caused by any virus. can i know what has to be done to solve this.

shobankr

Broken In
I did not do a detailed study mate.. but this link might help u
*www.technize.com/2007/05/13/show-hidden-files-and-folders-not-working/*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I did not do a detailed study mate.. but this link might help u
*www.technize.com/2007/05/13/show-hidden-files-and-folders-not-working/*www.technize.com/2007/05/13/show-hidden-files-and-folders-not-working/

Thanks a lot, i tried those first 2 methods in the given link. It worked for my XP PC, will do the same in my Vista Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom