is it a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead

Broken In
for the past few daze,XP has been creating problems for me.whenever i try to open any exe file of a programme(eg-micro word,limewireetc),the setup window opens.another problem is that if i try to delete a word file,the comp instead of deleting it,starts making copies of it.till date,i've had 60 copies made of a file of mine!!
i scanned my comp with norton 2004,but cudnt find ny virus.
ny suggestions?
(ps-this prob does not xist in ME)

digen

Youngling
Well the activity you've described can certainly termed as malicious,scan your pc with anti-spyware solutions like MS Anti-spyware,spybot search & destroy.
I assume the norton 2004 you've is fully updated with the latest definitions.
Perform a through scan & post back with the results.

OP
J

jughead

Broken In
hi
my norton licence xpired last month.so i have the updates till feb.
i also have spybot.spyware blaster,and adaware.spybot found a few files(mostly registry entries)which i fixed.but the problems still xist.
i am currently downloading trojan hunter.shud i also dwnload MS spyware?

(ps-cud u tell me wat i shud do since my norton licence has expired?do i have to renew it(i.e.do i hav to pay for renewing it)?ny other option?

digen

Youngling
I've no experience with trojan hunter so I cant comment on it but yes get MS Anti-spyware.It is pretty good at doing its job.
You can get it from here.
About renewing your copy of Norton,was it trialware that you were using till now?
If its a original copy then you could renew it,i'm not sure about their renewing policy.I will try to dig up some info & post the details here.

Maybe you should consider a online virus scan?
Trend Micro

OP
J

jughead

Broken In
hi
i wuz using thhe full version of the antivirus.i made a copy of the one bought for my dads office.
ven i tried to renew it,i wuz asked for 24$.and i'm not willin to pay that amount.
i dont think my connection's fast enough for a online scan.i've got bsnl,and the bloody connection goes dead every 15 minutes.so i dont think it wud be worth it.
nywaze ,thnx.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
get the stinger tool and run it from a secure location.

*vil.nai.com/vil/stinger

then do a online sacan digen suggested..

anandk

Distinguished Member
try TDS-3.

try out TDS-3 (trojan download suite). i think its the best trojan remover available !

also suggest bitdefender anti-virus. its great man ! :D

Max_Power

Broken In
Edit: [enoonmai] : Please do not post illegal methods of bypassing the subscriptions for antivirus programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom