is inbuilt grapjics card is sufficient?

is inbuilt graphics card is good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratink

Right off the assembly line
i have amd machine having geforce xfx5200 8)
but this is not better than inbuilt it have been increased performance by30% when i have invested 4200Rs. :cry:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Nope, in built graphics are only sufficient for low resolution gaming and playing 2-3 year old games. For the upcoming games like FEAR, HL2: Aftermath, AOE-III, etc, you need at least a 6200 128bit 128/256MB for gaming at 1024*768.

I remember having a Intel 845GV motherboard with on-board graphics and it could barely play a simple game like cricket 2004, let alone HL2. I have sold it a long time back. Even the performance for a strategy game like Rome:total war was not upto the mark.

So summary: go for a 128bit dedicated graphics card. The upcoming windows version, vista requires a DX9 card for all the visuals to display correctly. I am waiting for the day when people (read: my non-techie friends) who are satisfied with on-board solutions and gaming at 640*480 have to switch to windows vista.

G

gxsaurav

Onboard gfx are enough for office & anything non-gaming, like movies etc

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Onboard GPU is used for simple gaming apps...but this also depends on mobo..for ex the GRU of intel 915 and above are capable for doom..hl2 at low resolutions....

tuxfan

Technomancer
Well, it all depends on what you use and how much money you have for it :p For basic gaming, movies, office applications, etc. On board is pretty sufficient.

But if you love very graphics intensive game, then you need to spend extra.

Same thing applies for sound cards as well.

So there can't be a blanket yes or no to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom