is firefox safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i v recently shifted to firefox

i want to know if firefox is safe for credit card transactions ......

online banking etc ....

when i use firefox i find that many a time .... a url like google.com ... etc is not found by the browser ... i have to retype the entire url and then it succeeds...
plz help

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Firefox supports SSL natively and can be safely used to conduct online transactions. I've done so myself. Plus, its not easily affected by malware, spyware, etc. so it ends up being doubly secure. Just make sure you check the site certificates by right clicking the page, selecing "View Page Info" and checking the issued certificate validity in the Security tab.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
firefox is secure now, but there are growing speculations that spywares/malwares made specifically for ff cud arise...afterall, popularity can be a bane sometimes.

u may also have to worry about java viruses and maybe malicious javascript codes...

btw, new security concerns for firefox, read these pages:
*weblogs.asp.net/ssadasivuni/archive/2004/11/24/269084.aspx
*www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojbrissb.html

and read these pages too....although it seems that the malware doesnt directly affect firefox in any way, it installs the tool for IE thru firefox...
*www.vitalsecurity.org/2005/03/xpi-installs-toolbar-using-java.html
*www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1776353,00.asp

jay4u

In the zone
Firefox is completely secure. I have been using it constantly for online transactions. Also it will take some time for the hackers to find loop holes in the software.

Buy hey don't you know that in online world nothing can be defined as SECURE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom