Is da New Pentium D 930 Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye

Right off the assembly line
Since its built on 65nm it should Run cooler & Not dissipate heat like its predessors

GUyz I need Ur Help On this issue since I plan to buy this

I am Using It FOr Encoding & Photoshop & 3DS Max

SO Please Help Me out

Also suggest me a good Mobo to Go Along Wid It

Most Intel Mobo Have 5.1 support Does this Mean I dont have to purchase Soundcard

Also Da new Mobo has 8 ch support ...will i be able to use da normal 5.1 spkr

& Which Model is better Altec Lansing or Creative 5.1 Spkr...budget around ~~4000

Ur Suggestions required

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
I can only help in the sound area.

the 8-channel will rock and is able to run 5.1 spkrs wonderfully
and Altec Lansing and Creative have almost equal quality of spkrs but for 4000/- i dunno if u will be able to get a decent set from these brands...let the experienced answer this

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
the PD 930 is better than the others the PD 8xx series....
mobo go for ASUS 945 PL..

but it would be better to go for 3800+ X2.....i'm talking about the performance......
I think u should go for AMD Athlon X2 3800+ X2 with the ASUS A8N-E..

Anyways how much are u paying for the PD?If the diff. is not much between the PD and the 3800+ X2 then go for the latter..
The 3800+ X2 retails for around 13 k and the ASUS A8N-E retails for around 6.5k....

janitha

Wise Old Owl
samrulez said:
the PD 930 is better than the others the PD 8xx series....
mobo go for ASUS 945 PL..

The 3800+ X2 retails for around 13 k and the ASUS A8N-E retails for around 6.5k....

ASUS A8N-E costs much less nowadays.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But u can't find x2 3800+ at 13k in India. U may have to wait until it reaches the store nd u would get ti somewhat 13 to 14k.
Today A8N costs less than 5.5k. Go for A8N SLI for 7.5 ~8k. Its good with a 3800+x2.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. considering the fact that the PentiumD 930 can be easily oc'ed over 600 MHz with normal ram's .. its a real good choice right now ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
aravind_n20 said:
But u can't find x2 3800+ at 13k in India. U may have to wait until it reaches the store nd u would get ti somewhat 13 to 14k.
Today A8N costs less than 5.5k. Go for A8N SLI for 7.5 ~8k. Its good with a 3800+x2.

There have been announcement of price cuts of upto 50% in case of AMD. It may take some time for these to reflect in the Indian market but I feel the wait will be worth it.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. the prices are said to come down after the release of Conroe .... so its towards the end of july ... and considering this is India ... it should another month or so ... atleast ... fingers crossed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom