is cpu n gpu running hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i have a one yr old sys running AMD Athlon 64 3200+ on an ASUS A8N-VM mb, 1gb 400Mhz RAM. i recently bought a Sapphire X1600pro gfx card about 5 days back. when i switch on my comp, everest shows my cpu to be runnning at a temp of about 48 deg cel and my gpu at 72 deg cel. upon stressing the sys these rise to about 57 and 88 deg cel resp. is this normal (it doesn't seem to me)? what can i do to make them nrmal. my cpu n gpu r not overclocked

assasin

Banned
if ur acbby doesnt hav any xtra fans buy and put a few fans.
is ur psu powerful enough to pull all ur hardware?cud be that psu is running at its peak and generating immense heat

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
without this new GFX card does it do that same heat?

Test it...................if yes than your new gfx card is needing more power & the PSU needs to be over 400-500 (true) watts

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Most of these companies are said to be false watt & it does not output as full 450 watts, thats what I have learned on these forums.

So getting actual wattage of even 300 will work provided it actually outputs as 300.

assasin

Banned
if u wanna run a powerful gfx card first make sure u hav a power psu to take the load of the whole machine with the gfx card.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have the exact same card you have ... Under peak loads my temps don't increase above 77 degrees ... and idle temperature if 56 ... so you might want to check if your card Fan is working in the first place :p ....

and then I use two PSU's...

also I sort of modded my card ... I removed the stock fan .. and added a bigger one using FeviQuick :p ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom