Is buying an unlocked iphone with the latest firmware wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheman

Journeyman
i'm in dire need of the iphone. is it safe enuff to buy an unlocked version here
in india? or if i ask sum1 to get it frm US n get it unlocked here will it get unlocked even after being revised with the lastest firmware?as i heard they've blocked the unlocking stuff too.
n how much will it cost if i get it frm grey market here? will it be a sealed and guraranteed one?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Get it from the US if you are ready to wait to use the "phone" functions (makin/receiving calls,sms,gprs etc) for a month or so..Till then you will be able to use all the other functions..If you cant wait,buy an unlocked on here in India which should set you back by about 25k

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Lol, can you give us an insight into your dire needs ;)

You may buy it, but there is always a scare that there may be no unlocking, all the unlocking lookholes may be blocked.

OP
A

apacheman

Journeyman
Lol, can you give us an insight into your dire needs ;)
well, thats (dire need) a pathetic adjective i've used there, it shud've been more like "irresistable desire", "compelling hunger", "craving", "yearning" or "The Urge"!! hehehe... 'its lust'....

hahahari

In the zone
^Dont bother about unlocking.............if the unlocking stops working you can always find other new unlocking methods.but yeah waiting is the best option

napster007

Padawan
wait for a month man. the iphone will release....probably the 2.0 ver. it'll have all the bugs in the current iphone like no video rec, group sms, mms etc fixed

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no v2 wont be releasing so soon ... 1 month not a chance ;) el jobso is going to release v2 with a lot of fan fare and it cant be in 1 month

OP
A

apacheman

Journeyman
no v2 wont be releasing so soon ... 1 month not a chance ;) el jobso is going to release v2 with a lot of fan fare and it cant be in 1 month
can you throw some light on the 'fanfare' stuff? i mean, wot kinda goodies? n when can it be expected, any faintest idea??

Pat

Beyond Smart
wait for a month man. the iphone will release....probably the 2.0 ver. it'll have all the bugs in the current iphone like no video rec, group sms, mms etc fixed

a:> Firmware V2 is not going to happen so soon. (If you are talking abt iphone v2 then theres a long long time for that)
b:> Those are not BUGS..they are lack of features..Hope you understand the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom