Is bluray media cracked?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes, it can be cracked.

*www.engadget.com/2007/01/20/blu-ray-cracked-too/

*gizmodo.com/gadgets/announcements/hd-dvd-and-blu+ray-cracked-again-239481.php

If it's just for info then its fine...........but no discussion on this topic (forum rules but you must be knowing it).

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i think this is just a iformatiom./.. i think there are also ripping softwares...

even one software firm has went far to admit that thier software will change even if the encryption is changed...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Don't be sorry man.......just wanted to inform that these kinda discussion is not allowed but no harm if it is just for info.

goobimama

 Macboy
You can use AnyDVD HD to copy your Blu ray/HD DVD onto your computer without the DRM. Then you can play it via PowerDVD without the need for an HDCP compliant monitor. You can also re rip it into x264 for a smaller file size which is what most blu ray/HD DVD floating around the torrent space nowadays.

Now, Blu ray also has this new protection, apart from the standard AACS, called BD+. This is suppositively java based (not sure how that matters). Slysoft, the creators of AnyDVD HD, claim that they have managed to crack BD+ as well. But from what i hear they are yet to implement it into their software. So there are a few movies with BD+ that are yet to be ripped the normal way. Those movies however, can be copied onto your hard drive and played over PowerDVD without HDCP, but cannot be reencoded and such (yet). Many have been grabbing the BD+ movies over HDMI and then doing a reencode. The quality difference is not noticeable to my eyes at least :).

Hows that?
(I've gone exclusively HD since Jan last year. If I had all my HD movies, it would have surely occupied a couple of TBs of space :) )

legolas

Padawan
Sadly, it is no exception and blueray ripped movies are already starting to get out! :(
@goobimama, just a question, not rhetorical, how much is your investment on say a 2TB HD/ blue ray format worth movies?

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh I don't keep more than a few movies with me. So currently I must be having like 100GB or so used for HD movies. Cause DVDs fail to perform as a storage medium and it is cheaper to get the movie again rather than store it on a somewhat expensive HDD space...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom