is bluetooth faster or GPRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
is bluetooth faster or GPRS? i have LG G1800 & wishing to buy Nokia NGage QD for Net surfing via Airtel GPRS. plz suggest which 1 is better & faster?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Eh?

Bluetooth allows you to connect your phone to other bluetooth capable devices such as computers, mobile phones, PDAs, etc.

Bluetooth is not a way to access the internet!!!

But coming back to your original query, Bluetooth transfer speeds are higher than those of GPRS.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Nemi is correct.. it's as simple as this.. (imagine this way), BT transfer is HDD to HDD transfer and GPRS is internet download and the size of the file is same. Hope you understood what I tried to tell.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@achacko: What do you want to prove with that link?

An exceprt from the link you gave:

7. To connect to your cell phone right-click on the Dial-Up Networking.

8. Select Connect Dial-up networking.

9. The phone will ask if you want to accept the connection request, decline or add to paired.

10. The last step pairs the phone and laptop and performs the connection request.

11. You will be prompted to enter a PIN code to pair up the devices, the PIN is entered in the cell phone.

12. A dialogue box appears asking for user name, password and the phone number of your ISP.

13. Click on the dial button to complete the connection.

Carefully read what I said. Bluetooth is not a way to access the internet!!! It can only connect to other devices and you can use your cell modem+bluetooth to conenct to the internet. Bluetooth on it's own does not connect to an ISP!!

Got it?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
an analogous scenario would be: using an external modem connected to the serial port wid a telephone line.

so the analogous things are:

1) cable which connects modem and the serial port of computer: bluetooth wireless connectivity

2) external modem: cellphone

3) the telephone line network: GPRS

i hope this clears the things up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom