is 1 better than 2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Hello guyz...

I'm having 1 GB of RAM. One of my friend suggest me that ti would be more good if I've 2 RAMs of 512 MB. Your computer would have been run faster.

Is it true?

soooooo

512 MB + 512 MB is better than 1GB ????

Please help...

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
The logic is that if one gets corrupted or stops working, ur whole computer is not hampered by this. U can just pop out that 512 stick and still work with 512 Ram.

Dont knw the other way..

Pathik

Google Bot
dude it depends if ur motherbd supports dual channel ram then having two modules is better.. Otherwise keep a single stick.. Btw wich mobo do u hav??

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
No Manshania you're wrong..

@shirish

Two 512 MB sticks are good only if your motherboard supports a feature called DUAL-chanel mode.
NOTE:: for dual-channel mode to be effective, the modules must be identical, preferably of same make.

In dual-channel mode,the memory controller utilizes two 64 bit data channels, resulting in a total of 128 bits, effectively doubling the bandwidth to memory.

IF your mobo does support DUAL-channel mode, then the effective spped of your RAM modules is doubled, i.e if your ram module is rated at 400 MHZ, the dual-channel system will operated at a theoritical 800 MHZ..

@Manshahia please check before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom