• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

iPOD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
wanna buy iPOD bt some silly ? from me just 2 clear my doubts .....

* will i b able 2 transfer .mp3 on 2 iPOD ?

* whot if i play iPOD for longer time, will its storage or card get damage quickly ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I think iPod do support MP3 !!

and no they are design to run non stop... what u would do is, run out of battary lol...

by the way, every iPot comes with a warrenty

P.S. no thing is made to run for ever, even High performjance HDD to broke down after putting under presure which it cant handle... therefore u are not expected to run an iPod 365*24*7 .. do u ??

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
* will i b able 2 transfer .mp3 on 2 iPOD ?
iPod is popular as the best MP3 player and you doubt whether it will play MP3 or not. ;)

iPod can play songs encoded with these codecs:

* MP3 (from 32 Kbps to 320 Kbps)
* MP3 Variable Bit Rate (VBR)
* AIFF #
* WAV (with no compression)
* The following require iPod software 1.3 or later:
o M4A AAC #
o M4P AAC (Protected) #
o M4B AAC (iTunes Store Spoken Word files) #
* The following require iPod software 2.2 or later or iPod mini 1.1 or later:
o Apple Lossless Encoder

# Requires iTunes 4 or iTunes 4 for Windows. AAC files also require the most recent update to the iPod software.

Please visit: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61476 for more info.

* whot if i play iPOD for longer time, will its storage or card get damage quickly ?
No. My three-year-old iPod plays perfectly even now. A little storage (a few MBs) will be lost after a firmware update, but it won't cause much.

If you have some other queries about the iPod, then visit http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60920 for FAQs.

Also check http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/ for Support on iPod.

dtox

The Techno Perv
ax3 said:

lolz!! dude.. its an ipod.. by APPLE!! no way its gonna get damaged tht easily!! :D

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
OT:
OR ..
If you're not Apple-eyed, you could try something that's not iPod.. and tell you, you'd get more than whats' worth.
Like, look at the Toshiba GigaBeat - has tons of features that the iPod doesn't offer and is lighter on the purse too..
For other options, check out www.anythingbutipod.com ;)

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
iPod is the best. It is priced right too.

No other portable media players (PMP) have as many accesories as the iPod -- this means you can add the feature you wanted.

The iPod shuffle is one of the smallest and the lightest player I've ever seen. It's quite stylish too, and you can even wear it.

The Nano is great too. It's thinner than a pencil, yet holds 8GB of songs, and plays photos in addition to music.

The iPod is the best. It's the only PMP I've seen that has upto 80GB of space, yet isn't very bulky.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
nepcker said:
The iPod is the best. It's the only PMP I've seen that has upto 80GB of space, yet isn't very bulky.

IMHO, there is a correction in this line. It should be ". It's the only PMP I've seen that has upto 80GB of space, yet isn't bulky." :)

ipod has the best balance in all areas.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
iPod isn't bulky, I agree -- but it is bulkier when compared to the iPod Nano and the Shuffle.

But it's thinner than other hard-drive based players having lower capacity.

R

rake

You can play mp3s in iPod. You will need to use iTunes to copy songs to iPod.

Oce copied to ipod, u cannot copy the songas back to your computer without using hacks or non-supported softwares.

A better option is Sandisk Sansa series if you want a Flash storage based device upto 8 GB with expension of 2 GB.

For harddisk based players, look for Creative Zen vision.

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
nepcker said:
iPod is the best. It is priced right too.

No other portable media players (PMP) have as many accesories as the iPod -- this means you can add the feature you wanted.

The iPod shuffle is one of the smallest and the lightest player I've ever seen. It's quite stylish too, and you can even wear it.

The Nano is great too. It's thinner than a pencil, yet holds 8GB of songs, and plays photos in addition to music.

hmm .. Seems you're an Apple fanboi! :cool:

I can't stand an iPod coz' of the following:

Firstly, iPod does have that shitty software of iTunes loaded in. And all the MP3s need to go in through that... Messy - Not for me. :shock:
And then, comes the idiotic renaming of the files by the s/w!
And then, the features - Lots of other PMPs out there with tons of features which cost relatively lesser too.. (I ain't just speaking of cheap Chinese imitations! :p There are good branded PMPs too. For instance, take the Transcend T.Sonic 610 MP3 player. Last year it was selling like hotcakes in India! - Why? 1 GB MP3 player from a reputed brand at 3/4th of the cost of an iPod!)
Lastly, DRM - I'm sure more than half of the ppl will agree with me here.

Just my view ..
Peace.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Oce copied to ipod, u cannot copy the songas back to your computer without using hacks or non-supported softwares.
This isn't true -- I do this all the time (when I run out of hard disk space, I copy all the songs to my iPod and copy it back when I've got enough space)

Firstly, iPod does have that shitty software of iTunes loaded in. And all the MP3s need to go in through that... Messy - Not for me.
iTunes is the reason the got iPod successful. ( Check out http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15262121/site/newsweek/ )

And then, the features - Lots of other PMPs out there with tons of features which cost relatively lesser too.. (I ain't just speaking of cheap Chinese imitations! There are good branded PMPs too. For instance, take the Transcend T.Sonic 610 MP3 player. Last year it was selling like hotcakes in India! - Why? 1 GB MP3 player from a reputed brand at 3/4th of the cost of an iPod!)
Yeah, iPod costs a little more, but the extra cash is worth it, in my opinion.

How did DRM come from? iPod can play protected-AAC files from the iTunes store -- which no other PMP can do. But iPods play DRM-free files. Actually, according to research, only 3% of total songs on iPod is DRM-protected.

gmanog

Journeyman
=CrAzYG33K= said:
hmm .. Seems you're an Apple fanboi! :cool:

I can't stand an iPod coz' of the following:

Firstly, iPod does have that shitty software of iTunes loaded in. And all the MP3s need to go in through that... Messy - Not for me. :shock:
And then, comes the idiotic renaming of the files by the s/w!
And then, the features - Lots of other PMPs out there with tons of features which cost relatively lesser too.. (I ain't just speaking of cheap Chinese imitations! :p There are good branded PMPs too. For instance, take the Transcend T.Sonic 610 MP3 player. Last year it was selling like hotcakes in India! - Why? 1 GB MP3 player from a reputed brand at 3/4th of the cost of an iPod!)

Just my view ..
Peace.

For your information 100 million ipods sold so far, I don't think Tsonic has sold so much music players.
I use ipod, I also have a Tsonic 610.
Tsonic's battery is not good. Lot of other features, you mention, that T sonic got and the ipod dont have is not very usefull. Recording function - how many of the music player users use?? even if they use, Tsonic's recording quality is not that good.
Tsonic battery will give you only couple of hours of music play back, ipod's will give you 14 to 20 hours depending upon the model.

DRM - How many of us in India buy music from apple store?? in fact apple store is not available in India. Ipod allows you to use DRM free music files. Apple has now favoured selling of DRM free music files also.

Apple is the inventor of this kind of music player buddy, don't forget it.

I am not telling that other players available in the market are not worth the money, there are good players.
What you buy depends upon your taste, buying power, requirement etc. based on that you can decide what you want.
But please do not under estimate ipods. (If I say in your words, 100 million buyers will buy a player which is not worth for their money??)

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
^ Yeah gmanog - True, DRM doesn't affect Indian ppl as of now, but then, Does that mean we all encourage piracy??

For your information 100 million ipods sold so far, I don't think Tsonic has sold so much music players.
Uh, I was talking abt the Indian market..
Do you know how many Transcends were sold in comparison to iPod last year?

Just my view folks! Really didn't expect to get flamed like this.. :)
Peace!

gmanog

Journeyman
^^ DRM free music are not pirated. you can rip from your CDs.
DRM free never means piracy.

Few music companies have understood the importance of DRM free files and already started selling DRM free music files, even through apple's itunes store.

Can you give a figure of how many tsonic players were sold in India last year??
(I dont know how many, thats why asking)
How many of them sold worldwide??

Read in this thread, what harm DRM can do to you
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54815

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ax3 ... go for the ipod if and only if:
ur id3 tags are proper else ur in for sh!t

secondly whoever said this ... "iTunes is the reason the got iPod successful." just went to show his immaturity as far as ipods, apple is concerned ... the whole world knows it that ipod's windows support is the reason why the ipod has such a huge market share

and as far as being the best is concernd .... i disagree with good reasons which have been highlighted in many previous posts and also my ipod review here

and u can copy ur songs from ur ipod to ur pc but if u do that u wont have the file name's proper coz that sh!tty itunes renames them to random characs .... however with the help of 3rd party s/w such as share pod u can copy ur songs with proper names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom