iPod shuffle is now only $49

Which of the current shuffle colours would you like to own?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iPod shuffle is now only $49
Posted on Feb. 19, ’08, 3:47 AM PT by Aayush Arya

It wouldn’t be a Tuesday if Apple didn’t give us something to talk about. So, naturally, we have some news from Apple today too. The iPod shuffle, which was $79 just an hour ago, is now selling for just $49 on the Apple Store.

*www.macuser.com/2008/02/19/iPod%20shuffle%20%2449.jpg

The store homepage hasn’t yet been updated to reflect the change yet (which is very uncharacteristic for Apple) but if you click on the tiny little iPod, it leads you to the iPod shuffle page on the Store which gleefully displays the new price. Read more...

[Via MacUser]

OK, this is awesome news! You can have an iPod for less than Rs. 3,000! Crazy! :D
___________________________________________________________________________________

Apple announces the 2GB shuffle; coming soon
Posted Feb. 19, ’08, 5:58 AM PT by Aayush Arya

*www.macuser.com/2008/02/19/iPod%20shuffle%202GB.jpg

Apple today announced that the iPod shuffle will soon be available with double the storage capacity of the current unit. The new shuffle will sell for $69, alongside the 1GB model which has been reduced to $49. All other specifications are exactly the same and the new shuffle will also be available in the (PRODUCT) RED edition.

45 weeks to go…

[Via MacUser]

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i think the update to the apple wasnt made coz they were adding the 2GB shuffle model for $69

source: [ur the macboy get urself 1 :D]

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...better late then never. Creative Zen Stone has been denting the Shuffle's market already

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
That's 2K + tax, even in the U.S.. In India, expect it to be around Rs. 3,000 or more.
Rs 2k + taxes but not in all state taxes are there. :p My MBP ($2k) taxes came to $170 but we shipped to Delaware where there's no tax. :D If you know where to buy, you can avoid taxes in the USA too.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
But now that there is a 2GB variant, why would you want to buy the 1GB?

I think it's stupid to still offer the 1GB version. Hardly anyone is gonna buy it when you can have the 2GB version for $20 more.

goobimama

 Macboy
I would/will buy the 1GB version. I want the shuffle to be a simple player, sort of a one-playlist type of thing.

Personally we (me+bro) have never filled up the 1G shuffle (bro's) to it's brim (512MB). Unfortunately, I don't have access to that anymore :(

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I would/will buy the 1GB version. I want the shuffle to be a simple player, sort of a one-playlist type of thing.

Personally we (me+bro) have never filled up the 1G shuffle (bro's) to it's brim (512MB). Unfortunately, I don't have access to that anymore :(
I've run out of space on my 2GB 1'st Gen Nano . Now i have to carefully select which songs to put at what time :(

I'm gonna buy an 80 or 160 Gig iPod Classis soon .

goobimama

 Macboy
Well my 8GB iPhone should take care of my music collection (5GB or so). It's just that since you can't really select/find a track, playlist, it becomes really difficult when there are 500 tracks and you need to find one. With the nano on the other hand you have the interface where you can select tracks.

And having a a one line display makes no sense on the shuffle. You can only see the current track which is sort of useless since I already know all the tracks that I have.

drgrudge

But now that there is a 2GB variant, why would you want to buy the 1GB?

I think it's stupid to still offer the 1GB version. Hardly anyone is gonna buy it when you can have the 2GB version for $20 more.
Well, it's $30 difference. In all probability I'll get the 4 GB (8 GB if I can afford) iPhone, this is just for my brother. :D

And Milind made an excellent point. You've a gb (say 150-200 songs) and I'll select the best tracks, but in the 2 GB you'll carry your collection around but it's difficult to select one particular song in a Shuffle.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well, it's $30 difference.
Uh.... 1GB: $50, 2GB: $70. That's a $20 difference.

And as for your dreams of buying a 4GB iPhone, it has been discontinued since September last year. It's only 8GB or 16GB now.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
what's the effective india price ...??

50$ + 20$ = 70$ only
sucks for 3k .. u get better ones only

US PRICE + Lots of $$ = INDIA Price

drgrudge

Uh.... 1GB: $50, 2GB: $70. That's a $20 difference.

And as for your dreams of buying a 4GB iPhone, it has been discontinued since September last year. It's only 8GB or 16GB now.
Ahh... I meant 8 GB (16 GB if I can afford). If it's only $20 difference, then I'll go for the 2 GB version only.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
its US price + 12.5% VAT
Oh, I wish it was that simple. The MacBook Air's price in the States is $1,700 and in India, it retails for Rs. 91,500. That's more than Rs. 10,000 more than the US price + 12.5% tax. :(

it's difficult to select one particular song in a Shuffle
Oh, when will people get it! You're not supposed to select a particular track on a shuffle.

You're supposed to connect it to your computer once every fortnight, hit 'Autofill' in iTunes and then carry it along. Whenever you want to hear songs, you just hit Play. If you don't like some track (why won't you though; it's from your library), just skip to the next one. Increase and decrease the volume as required.

Generally, all you need on a shuffle is the Play/Pause button. And that, my dear friend, is the beauty of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom