ipod or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

guys suggest me an mp3 player...for me, sound quality is most important. followed by capacity and battery life. i will be buying a separate headphones if the bundled one is not good. capacity must be atleast around 5 GB. FM and photo and all not important. budget is 10-12k. anybrand...but it has to be good.
thnx

OP
nix

nix

can ipod be connected to car tape player? and also...the nano's battery is not removable...in how many years will the battery have to replaced or a new one bought...??

Sykora

I see right through you.
But custom docks can be bought for it, and the speakers connected with a bit of greasework. I do not know how much this will cost though. I'll go and find out...

vasulic

Journeyman
Go for Creative MuVo TX FM (1 Gb Red) It is the best mp3 player
1) the best sound Quality
2)Uses 1 AAA battery. (if you use rechargeable batteries great battary life)
3)No cord needed to connect with the computer
4)Can be used with Car music sys
5) price is around 5K
6) Buy separate ear phone

OP
nix

nix

@vasulic: that player seems to be good but the storage capacity is low.
right now from what i've read on the net the creative zen micro photo seems to be a better one. i can get an 8GB microphoto for the price of a 4GB nano.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Tech Geek said:
ipod cannot be connected to car tape player
yes it can be .... if u hav a cassete player then u can connect and also charge it in ur car

vasulic

Journeyman
I know that creative zen micro photo is better option, but Iam not sure whether it can be connected to car sys with out any adaptor.

In general Creative players are far better than Ipods

tehnogeek

Broken In
nix said:
can ipod be connected to car tape player? and also...the nano's battery is not removable...in how many years will the battery have to replaced or a new one bought...??

ipo9d battery has a life of 500 charging cycles.... i.e u can completely discharge it and then recharge it for 500 times....

it can be connected ...there are many car players available specially by sony which allows to connect ur ipod to the stereo system of ur car .......

Last edited:
OP
nix

nix

i was also wondering how much apple may charge if i the battery needs to be replaced for the ipod...since its not removable..i've heard its difficult. also lot of ppl buy ipod only for its cool factor...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
actually ipod has now become only a status symbol if u chk out my review of the 30gb ipod in the review section u will get a clear picture of wats in the box .... besides ipod is in portable market what nokia is in mobile market .....

busyanuj

In the zone
Reply: ipod or something else?

nix said:
i was also wondering how much apple may charge if i the battery needs to be replaced for the ipod...since its not removable..i've heard its difficult. also lot of ppl buy ipod only for its cool factor...
for around 14 hours of music playback, iPod ain't bad.

normal iPod battery easily lasts around 4 years. I doubt you'll need a recharge.

secondly, you can connect your iPod to car stereo by two ways:
1. use a iPod to cassette convertor.
2. use iPod fm transmitter. (your car stereo catches the iPod songs on fm frequency).

either of the above two options is available for less than 500 bucks.

for the budget you got, get an iPod nano. worth the money.

why do I say all this? I own a video Pod and I'm happy with it's performance :)

OP
nix

nix

^^thanks for all your replies. i wont take risk w/creative microphoto...will go for ipod nano 4gb or 8gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom